Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Nosegay


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



True story. The word of the day really is "nosegay." Too silly.

The internet has been PMSing all day today. It makes formatting really funny. I don't like it.

Since Greek was cancelled today, I put an extra focus on racquetball. Not really, since my first game with Brad was incredibly silly. It was really fun, but had a complete lack of focus. After that, we decided to have a serious game, focusing strictly on hitting shots with good form and intention. Not surprisingly, we played much better, rarely hitting shots we weren't meaning to hit.

Once our games were finished, we waited around to see if anyone wanted to play us. Turns out nobody did. We had a lovely chat with the coach, who earlier in the class handed out a whopping guide on how to eat right. Probably not a good idea for me, since it seems like something I would follow strictly for no reason. I tend to do things like that.

Getting back to the hotel, I showered then wasted time. I had to sort through possible classes, then register. I'm currently at 14.5 units, but will probably take on another class or two by the time the quarter begins. I'll be taking Greek 2 and New Testament Greek, Racquetball, and two English classes focusing on Fiction. Oh for fun.

Hungry, I ate at Chipotle. Some new girl was making my burrito, so it was slightly drippy. Still delicious.

Doing more nothings, Riddy decided to take a nap. Not wanting to bother that, I decided to actively seek my right to vote. I went to the MU, the place I was told to go when I registered, but after waiting for ten minutes in a two person line, I was told to go across the city. It amazes me how inefficiently government associates manage to get things done. That meant I was to bike back to the hotel, get my car, then drive to south Davis. Which I did.

The polling place there was much quieter and seemed actually happy to see someone vote. Everything was right in order for me there. So I went to a booth and whipped out my prepared sheet of yeses and nos that I had so quietly notated earlier. The only thing I had little clue on how to vote was the school board, yet since it was "Choose three of the following four," I decided it wasn't that big of a deal. I left happily with my stubs and "I Voted" sticker.

Riddy was still sleeping when I got back. That left me to actually get some homework done. I did most of my Greek, since it was two days worth. Lots of stuff.

Brandon, a season ticket holder for the Kings, invited Riddy to go to tonight's game with him. So the two of them played hockey then went, leaving me to my peace and quiet. I finally got my trumpet out and played for a while, then switched to accordion. Oh how fun. Then I opened up my lecture notes for John and set them as my background in case I really wanted to read them. They're incredibly dense. Bah.

Hungry, I started walking downtown. I stopped in Woodstock's, but they told me slices wouldn't be available until 9, so I walked out. Instead, I went to Subway and got a meatball sub. It was okay.

I was getting sleepy reading my notes, so I pulled out my textbook. Bad idea. It turns out a textbook author is even more dense than my interpretation of my professor's words. Instead, I called my Kirstyn and talked to her for a bit. That made me feel better.

I think I'm going to pull a leaf from the "Good Study Habits" book and go to sleep early. I may or may not have skipped the chapter entitled "Actually Study," though.


0 Responses to “Nosegay”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3