Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Hilarity Ensues


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm not used to not posting for such an extended period of time. Oh well.

Friday. It was like any other Friday. I spent most of my morning and afternoon pondering the events of the evening to come. Oh right, I had a midterm. Greek. I really should have studied more for that, but I ended up knowing more than I thought I did. Not bad. Especially when I got to leave when I finished the test. Go me.

I calmed my thoughts, etc, then went back to Olson. Oddly, Hurst never showed up. Very unlike him. Respectfully waiting twenty minutes, I finally packed up my stuff and went home.

There, I gathered nearly all of my belongings and stuffed them in suitcases. I was desperately in need of doing laundry, so I figured doing it would be a good way to spend my alone time when Kirstyn was at work. Turns out that was a bust.

Eventually getting things together and getting on the road, I managed to run right into a little bit of traffic, setting me back about 5 minutes, just enough to make time run uncomfortably. So I parked at Starbucks and waited for m'lady to meet me there.

Abandoning my car, we took off to Wal-Mart for the girls to take pictures. It has been way too long since I have experienced the department store photo shoot. I didn't feel like I was missing out on much. That might have been my really tiredness though. Coupled with the fact that I was put in charge of holding everything, from brushes to hairclips, purses to dogs.

After the glamour shots, we browsed the store, leaving me amazed to find shoes that cost the same as my lunch. I really need to step outside of Nordstrom.

Dinner was Chinese food. It was nice to eat family style again, but I would have to declare that there were too many fried entrees for one meal. Good, but dense.

Following dinner was a Buffy the Vampire Slayer date for the girls. I actually endured a full episode. Daniel Boggs would be proud.

Then the decision came for how I would spend Saturday morning. I declared I would go race karts instead of do laundry, as it would not only be more fun, but more manly. The plan? Go to Mom's, stay the night, then drive back down to Dad's in the morning. Things went disgustingly according to plan.

Well, until Shawna nearly decided not to answer the door. Good thing I went racing, otherwise that girl would have never woken up. She forced random food upon me, then we drove to the Kart place.

Racing was immense fun. We got fully suited up, then trained in the ways of the flags. My only concern was that they didn't quite instruct us well enough to actually look at the flags, so I just gunned it from the start. Meaning I was bad. But not too much after that.

We had two races. I had the fastest lap time in the first, then improving, yet getting third in the second. It made me sore, but still happy. Driving a regular car was just not the same.

On the way home, we grabbed food at Taco Bell. Why, I do not know.

Once back home, I started the labor intensive job of doing my laundry. Lights, then Whites. Everything as planned. Then I did my darks. I'm sick of hearing this story, so if you're really interested, you can read what Kirstyn had to say:
So that night Jeff got started on his laundry. Apparently he hadn't done any in about two and a half weeks and he had a lot of it to do. He got through his whites and lights without any problem. His darks, however, caused some trouble. He dumped them in the washer. Half an hour later the machine began complaining. Mom went to investigate. She came out and said "Jeff, has anyone shown you how to do laundry?" Apparently he'd thrown about three loads worth of laundry into one dryer. My orders were "Kirstyn, go teach your boyfriend how to do laundry." I dutifully went back and looked at the washer-- and started laughing. I started pulling out clothes- and more, and more, and more, laughing until I was nearly crying. Jeff was standing there, and I don't think he found it quite as amusing, but I really couldn't stop. It was hilarious.

Anyway, the problem was that the washer couldn't spin with that many clothes. Actually, it was clear to the spinning part and not all the clothes were even *wet* yet. So I cut the load down to one instead of three and ran the entire cycle again. Didn't work, it whined again. I emptied the entire thing out and tried it again, but it still didn't work. So I gave up. This was highly amusing because my boyfriend came up to visit me this weekend and broke our washer. Huh. His only comment was "You need a man in this house." My answer- "What, so he can break our *dryer*?"
Then retelling the story to her mother:
Mom didn't find out til tonight about the whole fiasco so we filled her in with plenty of details. Poor Jeff, sitting there wondering when we'll be done making fun of him, it's only been 24 hours so far... He attempted to defend himself "Hey, if I can get the lid shut it should be fine!" Mom, who was already laughing at the whole mess, just about died when he said that. Far from sparing himself further humiliation he got the whole lot of us laughing even harder. Huh. Poor boy. I'd feel sorry for him if I wasn't so busy laughing at him.
So there. Funny. Ha. Although, I must admit there was something rather amusing about the color of her face.

So the laundry didn't get done since I broke the washing machine. The problem was that I needed clothed for the next day, so we dug through and found my slacks, hang drying them on my music stand in front of the fire. Not a bad idea, except it proved disastrous for ironing. But at least I had pants the next day.

DST ended!

Well, at least I had pants. Less could be said about the sock situation. I remembered this mere minutes before we had to leave, so I tried ironing them dry. Keep in mind these socks had been soaking in a pool of water overnight. Wringing them got most of the water out, but they just refused to get completely dry. I spent the ride to meeting with my feet by the heater. I spent the rest of the day with freezing feet.

I really don't know what to expect from that meeting. It seems the roster is in a constant state of flux. It's as if they rotate or something. Oddly, they all seem to know some connection to me.

Lunch plans changed from something to going to the cousins's house to eat free food and try and break their washing machine too. That was fun. It was a nice relaxing afternoon, using the utilities of a nice strange family. Sounds totally like something I would do. Fitting, since I did it.

Dinner was spent eating priorly frozen food. At least my feet had warmed up by then. It was a nice comfortable evening.

Morning rolled around rather awkwardly and quickly. I made the decision late the night before to stay, since I would be tired either way. Might as well stay with the lady as long as possible. So the plan was to leave at 8, giving me a good 2 hours to drive the 1.5 hours and make it comfortably in time for my 10:00 Greek class. However, goodbyes take a long time, leaving me on the road around roughly 8:40.

While simultaneously falling asleep and eyeing the clock, I assumed I would just be skipping Greek. I watched it turn 9:35 when I suddenly realized I was on the causeway, meaning less than 10 minutes until I was home.

Hurrying into the parking structure, I ran over Brandon biking to school. I hopped out of my car, ran to the room, grabbed my bag, then made it to Greek in perfect time. I am totally amazing. Well, I thought I was until I found I got a B- on my midterm. I should have studied more. Oh well. I will work harder next time.

That whole escapade set a lovely tone for the whole day, leaving me to nearly fall asleep in all of my classes. Unfortunately, none of my classes promoted that.

Hurst explained how he nearly died, then went on to start a light lecture on who God is. Not a good day to barely understand my own language.

For lunch, I ate a burrito at the MU. I had a lovely chat with Diana and Alicia. I pleged Calpirg to support our friendship. I think I was still sleepy.

In John, we did not have a quiz. Not very surprising, but very relieving. More on the logos, the trinity, and starting John the Baptist. The thought that really interested me was the idea that Jesus did not know He could not sin. We've been battling with His humanity and divinity, so this fit in rather nicely. If Jesus knew He could not sin, He could not have been tempted. Interesting.

That was a long class. So was Psych, which came after that. Bah psych.

When I got out, it was dark. Meaning I had to bike back in the dark. Bah dark.

I waited about an hour for Brandon to get hungry, then the two of us went to dinner. But in the meantime, I played the trumpet and the accordion. Yay music.

He wanted to go to Chipotle, so we did. I was waiting for the past week to go to Chipotle wearing a tin foil outfit and getting a free burrito, but Brandon was not up to it. On the way, he admitted he would do it, but we didn't have any tin foil. Bah Brandon.

Luckily, the people in front of us were all decked out and I knew one of the guys from my math class. He graciously let us borrow their roll, so we made tin foil suits. It was such a lovely feeling, ordering a burrito and drink, then watching the cost disappear.

Free food is just so much better than the stuff you have to pay for.

Since then, I've just been in here, digesting and catching up on the internet. It continues to exist, even without my encouragement. Interesting. I should go do my Greek homework.


0 Responses to “Hilarity Ensues”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3