Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



A Monday


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's been a pretty blah day.

I had a hard time waking up. But I did, then wrote a poem. It was definitely not a bad poem, but it's something I'd like to fix up a bit. There were some nice lines.

I also read up on the poem I was supposed to present. My favorite line involved the phrase "abdicate decorum." The poem also used the word "profligate," which has been stuck in my head all day. You know I've been reading too much poetry when I have words and phrases stuck in my head, not songs.

In math, we talked about dreaded stuff, since the midterm is on Wednesday. Bah.

I cleaned up my poem a bit, then made copies. Off to physics.

In physics, we worked on work. Imagine that. Crazy stuff.

I had a blueberry scone before Poetry. It was good.

Poetry was long and I got sleepy. Pretty long. Two hours long. I presented my poem, it went fine. We workshopped more poems, handed out our new ones, etc. That was pretty much two hours.

I got a call from Jayna about 6 minutes before class ended. I called her back after class. She was in Hawaii, nearly pointlessly calling to tell me that she was in meeting with the Greenways. We chatted a bit, she quoted Napoleon Dynamite. Good for her. She bought me shoes, for which I am thankful, yet carefully neglected getting me a ukulele.

Bible and Film was interesting, since we kind of actually talked about stuff. Not really though. He handed out a sample midterm, which made so much sense. It was an actual sample midterm he created for this class, not just one from a previous year. Crazy. I suppose it would have to be, since he changes the movies every year. Then we watched another documentary about Jesus in movies. Then we watched a movie about the making of George Stevens's "The Greatest Story Ever Told." Looks interesting, but was a flop. Hurst liked it, though.

After that, I did something. Oh right. I played my trumpet.

Physics discussion. Commodore Ryan Snow has been warming up. He's remarkably like Shane. We worked on problems, then he gave us the problem that will be on the quiz next week. There was silence in the class for about ten minutes, so I told him to tell me something about physics that would amaze me. He went on to explain about electrons being shot at thin walls, going through. Amazing.

Since then, I've been doing stuff. Been pretty bored, actually. I played the Thompson piano. Then hung out on Malcolm 3 for 3 hours or so. Magnets are cool, and I have racquetball tomorrow. Early.


0 Responses to “A Monday”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3