Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Good Call


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm really tired. But we'll get to that.

So I've been skipping out these past few days. Crazy, now isn't it? Where did I leave off?

Friday. It was a usual Friday, me performing averagely on that Physics quiz. Lunched up, etc. I packed my stuff into bags and around 3, Riddy picked me up. From there, we headed to his place, packed up, then went to Mountain Ranch.

We got there in the middle of the last meeting. Afterwards, we reserved our seats for the next meeting, front row, center. Good call, guys. Nightfall.

Well, in the rush, Riddy didn't have a sleeping bag. So we arranged that I would bring both of mine. As a courtesy and precaution, I took the itty bitty one, which was the equivalent of a damp towel. I did not sleep well.

But breakfast was good. It became a ritual that we would eat with Melissa. Apparently, she's funny. Who knew? I didn't even know she could talk.

Got dressed, the usual. Anything else of note that day? We washed dishes, saw people, yeah, the usual.

Perhaps the unhighlight of our convention was our eagerness to volunteer for nightwatch, accepting the 2-4 shift. We were told that the earlier ones were rookies, so we might have to clean the sinks or something trivial like that. Cool beans.

We were awoken at 2, informed that we had to clean the floors, showers, and toilets, then bitterly got to work. Traditionally, the 2-4 shift is mainly in charge of staying awake. The labor goes into the earlier shifts where energy is still available. But oh well.

By 3, we were finished in the bathrooms, so we went to raid the kitchens. Kindly, they made sandwiches and other fun things for us. So that's what we ate. With half an hour to spare, we sat out front and chatted. By the time we were going to bed, the cooks were already up for the day. Gross.

I got up for breakfast, Riddy stayed in bed. As I was talking to Kent about the shift, Harold whistled for me to sit next to him. So I joined him in my pjs. It was about that time I realized we were not only sitting at the workers's table, but on the sisters's side as well. Oh, Harold. Side note: the food is actually a lot better at the workers's table.

Well, it was hard to stay awake when sitting still for two hours at a time. Very hard. But we managed.

Stew, blah blah blah.

After the second meeting and packing up, a whole bunch went to the Pizza Factory. Riddy and I did, split a large pizza. I was falling asleep. Miserable.

On the way home, we were driving directly into the sun, so my eyes were all squinty. Somehow, then ended up closed.

Back, blah.


0 Responses to “Good Call”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3