Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Midterm One, MAT 21B


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I woke up, did some stuff, then went to Chem. Before that, Tony's alarm kept on going off, so I got to hear periodic radio updates/parts of songs. It was cool though. He got so much sleep last night. I am very envious. Man.

Chem was boring. We almost fell asleep as a class. Right at the end, he said that he left enough time for the demo, but forgot to bring it. Sad. That would have kept us awake.

I went back and studied for math. Weird. Me, study? Actually, it consisted of me doing my math homework, but still. That's sort of studying.

I ate lunch, went back to studying.

I went to my math midterm. I've been hearing terrible things about Grishin's tests, mainly that they're handwritten and you can't distinguish between n's and u's, things like that. And that his tests cover nothing that we went over in class. But it wasn't that bad. Maybe 21B is different than 21A. Or he changed. But the test was typed and tested us on things we really should have known. The one question I was unsure about I knew what I was doing wrong, so it was cool. It was essentially asking to prove the Mean Value Theorem for definite integrals, by asking to find a C such that the definite integral from a to b of f(x)dx is equal to the definite integral from a to b of Cdx. I just forgot that rule. I remember looking at it, but not reading it. Too bad. I think I did most of the other stuff right though.

I went back, very relieved. Then I packed up my stuff and went to New Testament.

I noticed for the first time that other people have brought in laptops. That's because it's cool.

We went over the Temptation of Jesus as well as the choosing of his apostles. One of the more interesting things we learned was the difference between an apostle and a disciple. "Apostle" comes from a Greek word meaning "sent," so it only refers to people who were sent by Jesus Himself. Therefore the only apostles were the ones who were apointed the title while Jesus was alive. Disciple, on the other hand, simply means one who is following the discipline of another. So today we can be disciples of Jesus, Ghandi, whoever. I thought that was a nice little tidbit.

After that, I noodled around for a while. It was Jennifer Stickel's surprise birthday party at the Johnson's, so I called Riddy and got ready for that.

They were arriving at 7:15, so we should have been there at 7:00. But there was traffic, so Riddy didn't get to my place until 7:05. We got to their door at about 7:15, so we were walking very carefully up to their house. But they hadn't arrived yet, so we went right on in.

There were a lot of people there. Aside from Riddy's roommates, nobody college age though. It was still fun. I hung out with all the little kids. It was some good times. We played stupid games and I genuinely played with a Magna-Doodle. Those things are great.

Chips, dip, apples, celery. Ping pong, cake, blah blah blah.

I'm back now, and more exhausted than ever.


0 Responses to “Midterm One, MAT 21B”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3