Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Hungary


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well, I was actually doing some work, but I got stuck, so I'm waiting for Becca to finish so she can help me. Meanwhile, I might tell you about my day.

I slept quite well. I woke up very poorly though. Oh, I longed to be back in the bed, happily dreaming of nonsensical things. But alas, it was not meant to be.

I got my grade on the midterm by emailing my TA. Slava gave me the news of 32.3%, which by any standards is just plain retarded. Even with the curve, that's still an F. What am I doing? That's just silly.

Kelly forgot to upload the lecture notes, so everybody had to take notes by hand. It was hard to stay awake. Nobody knows what went on. We were all half asleep.

On that note, I went back to my room and took a nap in my hammock. Oh, it was lovely. My feet were cold though, since gravity forces the middle downward, making the feet higher than the heart, draining them of blood and feeling. So I curled into a little ball. It was a nice 45 minute nap, then Tony came in and I felt like I needed to get something done.

So I rolled over and started surfing the internet. Then I signed online and my mother started yakking at me. In order to type back, I had to get out of the hammock. Thanks a lot, Mom.

But I did some stuff. Not stuff that really mattered. Or was of any note.

Math lecture was equally as confusing/sleepy as Chem. Except it was funnier since Stupid Questions Girl kept on whimpering about how she didn't understand anything. That's one of the many problems with that type of person. Just shut up and figure it out on your own. You're always asking stupid questions, so we know you don't understand anything. Voicing it doesn't do anything but annoy me. So shut up.

After that, I did some more stuff. Well, not really. I packed up and went to New Testament.

There we finished the gospels and went on to more content. The birth of Jesus. Interestingly, His birth wasn't necessarily a virgin birth. The original Hebrew word that was quoted from Isaiah simply meant "young woman," which usually implied that she was a virgin. In translating to Greek, however, they chose a word more close to "virgin." Even so, in the first couple of centuries CE, there wasn't a huge emphasis on the virgin birth, but rather something that was adopted later on, becoming a pivotal point in religion. So that's the little religion tidbit of the day.

After that, I read the assigned reading in Metzger, then played my trumpet. Oh, I was sounding beautiful today. It was really pretty. It felt so awesome too. Man.

I ate at the DC. Meh.

Off to New Testament discussion. I forgot my light, but while riding, I realized that there are more people without lights than there are with. But I also learned how easily it could be to get hit without one. Bikers without lights are invisible at night.

We went on a field trip. It was pretty exciting. We walked the hundred or so feet to Shield's Library. We needed to go to the second floor, so Fransisco directed us to the elevator. Twenty people in an elevator to go one flight of stairs.

We fuddled around there, learning where to research our topics, then got back in the elevator to go back downstairs to a different part. Oh, how silly. Then I went home.

It's been a while since I last ate. I'm kind of hungry. I need more snacky things. The bars are good, but it's a breakfast thing for me. I need them in the morning, so eating them at other times just seems wrong. By the way, I finished one box of Powerbars last week. I have yet to open the other, trying to finish off the granola bars first. I enjoy the softness of the Powerbars, yet they are smaller than Balance bars, so I have to eat two to tide me over, thus making them go by faster.

I did some of my Chem lab, due tomorrow. I miss racquetball. I will play tomorrow morning. Wheee. I've been stretching my arm. It's been getting sore.

Now I think I'll check on Becca and maybe get in my pjs. Or go to sleep. Nah. Check on Becca.


0 Responses to “Hungary”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3