Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Honestly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I really need to get to sleep and catch up on that miserable awakening this morning, but I am due for a little details of the greatness that was this weekend, so perhaps I'll fake some of those 20 chapters I have to read.

Friday night, Patrick and I packed up and got on the road in his Subaru WRX. We listened to blues the whole way there.

We got to his brother's art opening around 8. It was Gallery 16 at 1616 16th street. Silly them. The art was amazing. Modern stuff, but still cool. Really thick layers of paint, layers upon layers, the raised so they're spiky. Some of them were shaved off as to show the marbling that the other colors produced. Good times.

We got back to Patrick's place maybe 10 or 11. We had to go looking for his homeless friend that Pat got a gig at KDVS where he deejays. But alas, he was gone for the weekend. So back to their place.

Patrick warned me that the have a very humble apartment in downtown San Fransisco. I was expecting dirty rats running around. Well, the square footage is nothing to be ashamed of. First floor was the garage that housed his dad's Mercedes SL 55 AMG and, oh, I forget... another Merc. He loaded his luggage into their elevator as we walked up the stairs.

Second floor is his dad's office. Third floor is the bedrooms. Pat's room has a dozen instruments lying around. I slept in the guest room.

Upstairs is the living room, dining room, and kitchen. Complete with views of the bay and city. Not at all shabby.

I remembered. It's on Telegraph Hill Road, which turns into Lombard. By Coit tower.

So Patrick played all of his intruments (12 and 6 string guitars, backpacker guitar, banjo, soprano and baritone ukuleles, mandolin, concertina). I played the piano.

We did some morning stuff. Pat slept in, so his mom made me breakfast. She kept on insisting that it was her role as a Jewish mother to feed me. I got so sick of kindly refusing, then having it forced upon me anyway, I was eating everything by the end. It was a lovely breakfast though. Bowl of pineapple, fried eggs, toast, juice, tea.

I played the piano some more. Pat got up, we went out to lunch with his parents.

We walked there. Rose something. Down a big hill and through a little park where people were relaxing and playing with their dogs. Oh, the dog came along. Everyone loves her.

Dinner was beyond excellent. For more details, contact Glen Lee at Cookstr@aol.com.

After that, we had nap time. It was pleasant.

At 8:30, we got ready and such, then went out to get some ice cream (sherbert) and pick up the tickets. Due to a lack of parking, I hopped out while Pat circled the block. Outside the theatre, I met Raizin, a member of Olde English whose face I was very familiar with. Rather excited, I got back in Patrick's car and we went back to pack.

Since Pat had to pack everything, we ended up leaving about well after we should have been there to get a good place in line. Said our goodbyes and thank yous then left. He dropped me off and found a parking spot.

Luckily, a few days prior, I started posting on the OE message board. So I knew a few people that were going to be there, two of which flew from Seattle. Not surprisingly, they were at the front of the line. So I casually introduced my physical self and joined them. When the doors opened, we went to the front. Pat found me and all.

Olde English is ten times funnier live. There are certain sketches that are just so perfect. They have a great blend of live and video performances. It was everything I could have asked for, including a recently retired sketch called "Swastikats." Wow. Unforgettable.

During intermission, we chilled (literally) outside with OE. They were so excited to have national fans. They were even more enthusiastic than we were. It was funny because after introducing ourselves, I would mention that I'm engrish, then there would be a big "Oh!" Good times.

The headliner was a group called "Totally Looped," comprised of Second City actors and other people too. The voice of Homer Simpson included. Anyway, their deal was they would show video clips and dub them over with new plots. Great concept, could have been done more effectively though. The announcer was hilarious though. His character was completely wasted and hilarious. He even had the awkwardness of lack of funny thought down perfectly. But Homer was kind of a jerk.

After the show, I was congratulating OE again, then going to buy their DVD. But Tavit warned me against that since they tacked on an extra charge for the show. He told me to hold on, then ran backstage. It turns out it was only $2, but whatever. So we waited around a little bit, Patrick getting harrassed by Gail Matthias, from Totally Looped. We finally left for home. A few blocks away, I get a call from Lily (Seattle) saying that Tavit has the DVD. So we turned around and I picked it up for $10. The problem was, I was going to pay with credit card since I'm all out of cash and haven't been to an ATM yet. So he just told me to take it.

After several much greatful hugs, we were back on the road, only stopping at In-N-Out. Except this was an awesome In-N-Out. No drive thru, completely different layout. I took pictures, don't worry.

Back to Davis and in bed at 3:30.

Today, I woke miserably at 9:30, called Brandon to find out he was in Chico. Called the Greenways, who were glad to take me.

I spent most of the day with them, actually. After meeting we went to lunch with Darren and Maria at a little quaint place in Woodland. I went with Darren and Maria after that since Daryl had to pack for DC.

I did a lot of sitting, checking mail, reading comics.

Daryl and Lois picked us all up for gospel meeting. First time in our actual one. Weird. It was nice. Walter was there to help Lily.

Falling asleep on the way home. I did a bunch of reading, but not enough. I need to go now.


0 Responses to “Honestly”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3