Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Seriously Now, The Stuff That Happened Over The Weekend


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well, today was boring. All I'll say is that I ate a PowerBar (it was delicious), put out the rug (it's fuzzy), and went climbing (it made me sore).

As for the weekend, let us recap.

Friday around 4, Riddy picked me up. We went to In-N-Out for lunchy dinner, then drove the drive to Alec's house. That night was a little awkward, since most of the people there were people I recognized yet weren't familiar with. But as the night progressed, more people came and things were better.

Among the more memorable people were Brianna Leen, Kara Hwang, and Jamie Bone. They're just fun to see.

After that, Brandon, Riddy and I crashed at Riddy's place. It was kind of fun just the three of us, actually sleeping under the same roof at once. The night fell.

We woke up at 8, or rather 8:15. Whatever it was, we got on the road after a quick stop at McDonald's for breakfast. Perhaps the only edible meal they serve.

Anyway, 2 blocks away from Alec's house is a rather large field. This held the games.

Well, football is boring. And it was freezing out there. So in the several hours we were there, I went to lunch 3 times. First it was for coffee, then actual lunch, then just for the company and warm heat of the car. But it was much better than freezing out in the cold, watching something I don't even enjoy.

Well, more people showed up to the game. Probably most importantly was Jayna, who aside from being awesome is my sister. She came bearing gifts as well, so she was kind of like a Santa Claus, except skinnier, female, half Asian, less facial hair, and pretty much anything else you can think of besides the gift bearing part. But it was cool.

Other notable people included Robbie Veldkamp, Bill Trammel, Amy Robinson, and Winston Churchill Walker.

After the games, the winners felt proud and all the players felt dirty. The few of us clamoured back to Riddy's place where showers and male grooming took place, then eventually we went back up there to Ron Wood's.

There were way too many people there. It was disgusting. Almost hard to breathe. But there was good food. Taco salad, with real steak and chicken. Amazing.

Eventually people started moving, so I claimed the piano bench. As I started playing, Mr. Forrest Jinks asked to put the damper pedal on because I was playing too loud. The damper didn't work, so he asked if I could play quieter. Fine, except with the 200 people there, all talking away, even I couldn't hear the piano, let alone the people across the room that were trying to listen (and there were some... they told me). So I got bored of playing quiet songs so I just stopped.

After a while, Riddy and I decided to bring out our trumpets (yes, we brought them). Upon seeing these, Mr. Jinks requested that we put in mutes. Apparently all that matters to Forrie is Forrie. Anyway, we had a fun time playing some duets from the hymn book. It was really weird though. The moment we started playing, the entire room fell silent. Completely silent, all hundred something people. Fun. Kara came and mentioned that Brandon was waiting, so we skedaddled out to the car and drove back.

Brandon wanted to drive back to Davis, so I hopped in with him, in hopes of getting the stuff Jayna brought somewhat closer to Davis. It was fun though. I got to stay the night at Brandon's since it would just be easier in the morning.

In the morning, we both got ready for meeting and went to the Johnson's, as usual. Since it was so far out of the way, there weren't any extras, but it was still good. Miranda spoke out of Nahum 1:7 which gave me a little chuckle, since it's an In-N-Out verse. Is that the Double Double?

Following Riddy and Allen, Brandon and I went to the gas station to fill up. Way up north, lunch was being served, but we finally decided that we should just stay down here since gospel meeting is here anyway and it would be 2 hours out of our way. It was fine, except that meant no saying goodbye to Jayna. Oh well. Bye Jayna.

The four of us went to the Grad for lunch, a sly pick by Riddy since there was some important game going on and the Grad has 22 TVs or something like that. Delicious as always.

We then went to Brandon's for a while and played some games, blah blah blah. Then we went to gospel meeting.

Harold Hilton was up helping Lily, but aside from Dick, we had Kent Willisten and Lyle Schultz. About half the remaining kids from the get together were there.

After meeting, dinner was being served at Chris and Shawna's, so we made the trek back up there. It was actually very fun. I played their Steinway and ate enchiladas. After some time, Riddy and I picked up our trumpets and Allen got his sax. We experimented around for a while, but the best solution was for Riddy and I to play the written notes and for Al to play by ear. It eventually got to the point where I would read the tenor part and it sounded pretty cool. So we got up the nerve to walk outside so we wouldn't be too loud for the guests. Turns out they opened the door to hear us. It was quite a bit of fun. And apparently we didn't sound that bad.

Well, I left with Riddy and Al and we went back to Riddy's place. We were really tired, so everything we did was funny. Brandon was dropping Kara off at Dawnita and Emily's place, so he just came over when he was done. I hopped in the car and off we went for Davis. Man, we were tired.

So then I got back and the rest is boring. Now I have some reading to do, and a Chem prelab to start thinking about. Bah.


0 Responses to “Seriously Now, The Stuff That Happened Over The Weekend”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3