Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



I Am Full


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Wow. What a day this has been.

Starting from the top...

I woke up to Daryl calling me at 8:15, in response to my question last night if there were any meetings in Berkeley. Having voided the need for an answer, I tried as politely as I could, in my grumpy morning voice, to end the conversation and get back to sleep.

I woke up again at 9:15, ate a granola bar, then dressed. Grey slacks, white shirt, wool coat, light tan bow tie. Brushed, bathroomed, out the door.

Amazingly enough, I had a car here. So I managed to get to meeting without the aid of anyone else. Astounding.

Sadly, Brandon had gone home, so was not in attendance at meeting. But there were plenty of other people to fill the missing time.

After meeting, I was explaining last night to Chuck Fleck, since he sort of butted in on a conversation with Riddy. It just felt like I was digging myself into a hole. It went somewhat like this:


Me: So last night I was at Berkeley. We didn't leave until 1 o'clock.

Chuck: [blank stare]

Me: One of the girls that lives on my floor's brother was having a concert, so a dozen kids from our floor came to cheer him on.

Chuck: [blank stare]

Me: After the concert we went out for drinks.

Chuck: [an even more blank stare]

Me: At a coffee shop.

Chuck: [blank stare]

Me: Then we went up into the mountains, just the group of us.

Chuck: [yet another blank stare]

Me: To look at the view.


What an interesting character. It would have seemed appropriate if Riddy jumped in right about there and asked if I wanted him to help me dig that hole, but he didn't. Probably wanted to pretty badly though.

The sad thing is that all of it was as innocent as it could have been. Aside from maybe being up late, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the situation. We weren't even tresspassing. Not only was it all legal, but it was morally just as well. So why did I feel so awkward?

Anyway, after that little conversation, Riddy followed me to Rebecca's, where we dropped my car off then went to The Graduate for burgers. Delicious delicious burgers. One of the finest burgers I have ever tasted. It filled me up quite well. Homey sports atmosphere as well.

After that, we went back to Riddy's place and ping ponged it up, doing lazy college kid stuff. And when I say that, I don't mean drinking or smoking weed, so I should change that to lazy elementary school stuff. Like reading comics or chatting.

Soon enough, it was time to go to gospel meeting. We arrived a nice 15 minutes early. Harold went to help his mother, so it was Dick and Kent Willisten. Both of which spoke about Jesus' birth. I really enjoyed Kent's style of speaking. It just seemed so clear and concise.

Afterwards, we hooked up with the Riddyfolks for dinner afterwards. We went to Chili's. Now still being extremely full from lunch, dinner seemed disgusting. But we had plenty of bottomless chips and I must have drank 4 glasses of water, then came the food. Barf. I had the pita fajita. It was pleasant, if you ignore the fact that I could barely eat it. But I finished it. And as it came time to pay, the Riddyfolks picked up the check. So I reached for my wallet because inside is a note that says, "Say Thanks!"

Riddy and I then went to his place to play some more ping pong and digest. Darren and Allen were supposed to come over, but Darren probably took a few hours saying goodbye to Dawnita and Allen cancelled. Riddy and I changed our voice messaged. You should all be very thankful.

Riddy then took me back to my place, where I found Patrick playing the guitar in the lounge. I joined him and we played a little bit.

Now I am back and feeling a little less full. But not much. I'm doing my laundry. Fun. I ought to pretend to do some work now.


0 Responses to “I Am Full”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3