Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Back in Davis


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Over the break, the biggest surprise for me was to learn that people actually read this. That means that I now am obligated to make this interesting and enjoyable to read.

On that note, I would like to appologize to all those faithful readers who stopped reading when finals week came and I did nothing for a week straight. Well, you can start reading again. Or not, whatever you want.

My day has been rather uneventful. Unless you count the event of transporting myself from Santa Barbara to Davis noteworthy. Oh, I guess it was. Road trips in the Olds are always fun.

We had four passengers this time, all of which, according to some odd error, packed as if there were only two travelling. This was not my fault. As the owner of the car, I made sure to alert each passenger on the status of the trip, including how much space was to be occupied by other beings. This didn't seem to take any firm hold in the brains of the passengers, as we carried two projectors, a toolbox, and a dartboard.

From our past experiences, we learned to fill the tank before the empty light turned on. Sadly, as the empty light is always on, we were constantly filling the tank.

The one major problem that previously went unnoticed was the windshield wipers. Since it was raining, we had to turn them on. They haven't been used much, so they've turned from "winshield wipers" to "windshield smearers." It's actually almost easier to see out of the front winshield if you don't turn on the wipers. Somehow we managed to get by though.

After reaching Davis and politely refusing to help David, Nick, and Brett carry their things to their rooms, I drove over to Rebecca's. She offered me leftover dinner and an apple, which I so kindly thanked her for prior to devouring. I then took my bags and put them in her car.

I must have got a lot of things this break, since my bag would definitely not be allowed on any major airline flight, domestic or international.

It felt so nice to be back walking though the impersonal, hotel-like halls. An odd sort of home. A nice relieved feeling. I think it felt better coming back here than it did walking in my room in Santa Barbara. Probably because nobody touched anything here. My bed didn't split in two and rearrange around the room, which made me very happy. I mean, a twin bed isn't that big to begin with. There was no female clothing in my closet. My dresser did no get uglier and replace everything inside with ugly clothes. My books were not touched. My 5.1 surround sound system was not moved to an inappropriate asymmetrical placement, not focused on the swivel chair. All right, so I don't have a 5.1 surround sound system or a swivel chair here in Davis, but it bugged me when that happened in Santa Barbara.

Well, I played the piano and realized once again that it can't play worth my windshield wipers. It was nice to get my music fix.

Oh, and Betty served me very well for the 6+ hour car ride.

Now I must shower and ready myself for bed.


0 Responses to “Back in Davis”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3