Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Friday


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Okay, so it's not Friday. But it sure feels like it to me. I've caught myself wondering why I'm not hanging out with Brandon and Riddy, then realizing it's still Thursday. Tomorrow will be weird.

I woke up at 7:30, quite pointlessly, if you ask me. It turns out that since we had no lab, Shengshu had nothing to teach us. Too bad we already turned in our evaluation forms. "Poor use of time," mine would say now. But I went back to sleep quite quickly. Instead of writing my English essay.

I woke up again at 11:10, forcing myself to get some English done. I did a bit, not really writing, just reorganizing and making it coherent. Then I went to lunch alone. It was sad, since late last night, I was procrastinating and read the California Aggie online, so I only reread everything today. But it was cool.

Back in my room, I finished the essay to meet my somewhat satisfactory goals. I printed it out, then went to English.

For once, the class did not make fun of my Uggs. Maybe because I wasn't wearing them. The weather has actually been pretty nice today.

We handed in our essays, then got to work on our final. It was a short story about a hand. Well, the hand that was attached to a man. It was actually about his wife though. And how she felt about his hand. And then I found twenty dollars.

C. Kiefer graded my paper right there, a 10/10 if I read correctly. He then asked to have a copy to send to the publishers and to Norman Dubie himself. So I emailed him one later. I wonder what will happen.

I did a bunch of nonsensical things after that, none of which matter. At 9, Doug and I headed to our racquetball reservation, where we met up with Jared, Matt, and Dan. It turns out they didn't get a court, so we played doubles, alternating in a player. That was intense.

After the hour was up, we all went rock climbing. Since everyone else likes to top climb, I just went bouldering by myself, meeting some new and old people. I'm actually really glad I did that. I watched Elliot put up a few dynos, and saw everybody attempt them. The prize for getting one of them was to name it, and the only guy that got it won. After a while, when all the really good climbers left, Andrew and I started attempting things. He's pretty good, about the same level as me. So we tried this new dyno, and it's actually not that bad. I was really close for a while, but my fingers started burning. So I took a break then tried again. You have
no idea the feeling you get when you complete a dyno. It is utterly amazing. I simply couldn't stop there. I started doing my familiar V1, except taking off a majority of the holds. I've got it down to just three holds and a feature, the rest smears. Then I did the dyno again. Man, I love rock climbing. Those other guys played basketball and missed out.

Now I'm here. I can't feel my fingers, but it's worth it. The hot water of a shower will kill me, but it's worth it. I completed a dyno.


0 Responses to “Friday”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3