Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Somnday


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



What a weird mood I am in.

Today was actually pretty great. The worst part was actually spending most of the time uncomfortably full from such great food. Let's start from the top. I really need to soak my hands in some hot water. My typing is seriously slow right now.

Got up and dressed. I wore the tie the Cobbs gave me for graduation. I must wear that tie more often. Stain protection and awesome looks. Must get it out. Now if it was a bow tie...

I met Brandon at 9:35. For the second time in a row, he stalled getting out of the parking lot. He's still on his learner's permit.

Meeting wasn't that far away. It was nice though. The Johnsons were there, plus some other Sac gals we knew, so it wasn't completely strange faces. Grandma wasn't there, but I think she was at a craft show or something to that effect. So we met her for lunch.

She gave us directions and all to a restaurant called "Fat's." Now, when I thought of a place like that, I was picturing greasy greasy burgers, with a mustard yellow, ketchup red, and mayonaise white color theme. When we arrived, I was completely surprised. The place is seriously a Sacramento version of PF Chang's. And the quality of food is the same. It's actually an "Asian Bistro and Dim Sum," but I had a hard time buying the dim sum part. I mean, there were no people dim summing it up. But it was still very good. For Dad: Orange Chicken, Orange Beef, and Teriyaki Salmon. It was awesome. The interior had the same contemporary style as PF Chang's too. Definitely a place to go when someone visits. Worth writing home about.

After lunch, we parted ways, since Brandon and I decided that it would be better if we just went to the Elk Grove gospel meeting instead of our original intended meeting, since not only is it closer, but earlier. That meant we could get an hour plus extra to study. Or in my case, find things to do that take away from studying. Such as writing a blog.

So on our way to Elk Grove, since we were over an hour early, we decided to call up Russell and see if he wanted to hang out for a while. We went over to his place, where Emily, Kara, and Miranda were. Funny gals. Russell has a very manly place. Rustic and quaint. It seems pretty Russell.

We went to meeting. Harold, as usual, screwed up the children's questions by skipping the letter L. He tends to do things like that. A lot. Anyway, I thought it was funny how Harold was telling a story about a girl that came to visit his nephew a month or two ago. He called her a "Georgia Chickadee." How utterly Harold. Anyway, it turns out I know her, so I thought it was hilarous. Ha ha Harold.

After gospel meeting, we were invited over to Emily and Dawnita's place, where we had breakfast. Brandon was very hesitant, since we did decline Grandma's offer to stay longer, but he gave in because he's a pushover when it comes to peer pressure. Doesn't bother me any, It's not like I'm going to study.

Another quaint little house. It turns out it's one of Darren's houses that he's working on. How fun. I played the piano. There were a bunch of friendly people there. Most of Russell's family was there. Which keeps growing to me as time progressess. How weird. We ate pancakes, waffles, eggs, sausages, and orange juice. Except I declined the orange juice because it doesn't settle well in my stomach. It was good.

When I got back to the dorms, I did my laundry. Oh, how fun. I'm sure I did a bunch of things, mostly non homework related things. I got some more music. I attempted to teach Shannon how to play the Love Theme to Romeo and Juliet. She was getting the melody line down. I laughed quite a bit when Patrick and Chad were on their prank pedestol again. The airsoft gun was in play. Rachel and Shannon were having massive crazy dance parties, just the two of them, in their room. Something I can never picture Tony and I even thinking about. It was hilarious though. Patrick is really mad at Halah right now for taking his 12 string guitar around the hall, playing it, going outside, then lying to him about it. And she doesn't seem to understand why he's so mad. Then he explained that it's a musician thing. So he asked me what would happen if someone took my trumpet without asking and started playing it. I just laughed at him and told him that they would no longer be able to take my trumpet and play it. And he completed my thought by saying, "because you would have cut off their hands." Exactly. I understand, Patrick. I understand.

Well, there's a Chem lab that's just sitting here. And at 2 tomorrow, I have a meeting with some SJA guy about the campaigning. Just doing my part here for the sake of ol' UCD. I'm out to the shower.


0 Responses to “Somnday”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3