Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



A Sunday Back in Davis


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well, I'm pretty pooped. That means I will most likely keep this short.

I am utterly exhausted. I want to crawl into my bed and fall asleep. But not yet. I must first shower and reminisce about the long (long) day.

Things were good when I left you. One hour, twenty minutes down the road, we were passing the Madonna Inn. At King City, we ate lunch at the same McDonalds we did before. Maybe it's the McDonalds that's cursing us.

Anyway, almost at Davis, we run out of gas. We had been debating the empty gauge for a while, since I was led to believe that the light was below the needle and had yet to turn on. I might have been correct and the car broken, but nevertheless, we were travelling slowly towards the shoulder.

Several calls later, AAA brought us a tow truck with a tank of gas. It worked, and we were now freezing (it's cold in Davis), bitter (not the first incident on the road trip), and exhausted. We went to a gas station to get some more fuel, where we then brought out the manual to explain how to turn off the high beams that we had been using the whole time. Also, we learned how to turn off the annoying hazard lights that we couldn't shut off.

I took David and Nick to their respective places, then went to Rebecca's. She took me back to my dorm. And since then, I've been bitterly repeating the story to everyone on the floor. I must go now. I still feel so exhausted I want to barf.


0 Responses to “A Sunday Back in Davis”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3