Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Tired and Sore


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It amazes me how my day was simultaneously very short and very long.

I had a terrible sleep last night. I never remember waking up because I never actually fell asleep, I don't think. Perhaps I should explain this with a summary of last night after the blog was published.

I heard some loud talking in the halls, so I go out to investigate. Little did I know, but I wouldn't be returning to my room until three hours later.

It turns out about half the people on our floor were drunk, each at a different level of inebriation. Rebecca was by far the worst, behaving how people act when they're pretending to be drunk. She openly confessed her love to pretty much everyone. I enjoy this incident in particular:

As Becca was writing a note on Doug's door, he walked by.

Doug: Hey Rececca. What are you doing?
Becca: I'm writing a note to Doug.
Doug: Well, I'm right here, you can just tell me.
Becca: Shhhhh.

And she continued to write:
Doug-
How are you doing?
-Becca.

It looked like it was written by a very talented dog.

Rachel had a friend over, and the two of them were just very hyper. They challenged each other to do cartwheels down the hall, but Rachel was extremely afraid she was going to hit the walls, so would always fall to the ground. They wanted loud music, so they went into Patrick's room, where the three of them danced with a strobe light to Gunther. It was funny to see drunk people running in circles with a strobe light. I think I broke something from laughing so hard.

About that time, all the sober people were going to watch a movie. Being one of them, I joined in. The movie was "Saved," a pretty funny movie making fun of superchristians. There were a bunch of people crammed into a very small room watching a rather small screen.

Afterwards, I decided it was bedtime, since it was 1:30. After showering and all, I was in bed by 2.

I had a terrible sleep. I never remember waking up because I never actually fell asleep, I don't think.

When I finally did get up, around 10:30, due to a phone call from Maria, my day was slowly beginning. It turns out she was calling abuot a get together to play some sports up in Natomas, so I basically told her that if I could get a ride, I would be there.

In my morning activities, since there are no more oatmeal bars, I ate a row of Chips Ahoy! I bought last week in my fit of hunger. My morning was very hard, since I played racquetball for the first time in a week yesterday. I came back from brushing my teeth to a note on the door saying:

When do you want to play racquetball?
-Joe

So I wrote on his board:

Right now.
Get a court.

So by 11:30, we were playing racquetball. We played until 12:45. After that, I was so sore, I had a very hard time walking. I would stumble into things. Also, it was a very windy day today, so I didn't have enough energy to move to keep warm.

When I got back to my room, I realized I had not eaten anything substantial, so I went to the DC. There, they had the usual bruncheon going, which continues to bother me. After eating, there was a series of phone calls between Brandon, Riddy, and myself, concluding with the situation that Riddy and Abe would drive all the way from Sac to Davis, only to turn around and drive back to Natomas. We got there and it was very windy. Very very windy. And I was so sore, I was considered handicapped. Anyway, the way things were heading, there was a football game. Finally, Darren insisted that I stand up and play, so I got running around. I never actually touched the ball, which was probablya good thing, but I did get nice grass stains all over my socks and knee. After that, I didn't really feel like playing basketball, so I sat on the ground, in the wind, getting colder and colder and more miserable and more miserable.

After way too long, they decided to go to Darren and Maria's before whoever's house for dinner. So we did. It was cold.

Then we headed up to Lumas for dinner. It was a nice little place, done in Japanese style. We had spaghetti. It was good. I played the piano a lot. It was warm inside.

Then Riddy and Abe took me to my place. It surprised me that it only took half an hour to get from Lumas to Davis. But then again, Riddy was driving like he was he had a pregnant wife and was being chased by the police.

Now I am back. I had a fun time watching the hall prepare for Adam's party by deciding who would drive, then everyone else get wasted. Now I hunger and desperately need a shower. Bye.


0 Responses to “Tired and Sore”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3