Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



A Really Long Day


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My day has been very long. Let me try and start from the top.

Wet outside, I got up. After munching, I went to the bathroom, but Josie was cleaning. I did something else until she was done. Then I did my regular bathroom activities.

Chem was actually pretty fun. Everybody around me was falling asleep, so I would tickle Stephen's nose and make him wake up very confused. This was especially fun because we were sitting in the front row and I think Professor True was watching us. Oh well. I think she knew I was the only one remotely awake, since I refuse to even think about nodding off in class. It's just rude. Don't go if you're going to fall asleep.

After that, I did a bunch on nonsense in my room, mainly looking up reviews of Creative's mp3 player, the Zen Touch. Looks good for the most part. The thing I'm concerned about is that I can't find an fm transmitter that is stated to be compatible. Maybe I should ask. I will.

Anyway, my stupid computer, being stupid, decided to set itself 6 minutes slow, so I had to hurry to math. I got there right before he started talking, which was close, since my seat is again in the front row. I think he enjoys me sitting there because I laugh at his hilarious attempts to be funny. Ha.

Right. Today was probably the most interesting lecture we've had. He likes to show us random examples of problems to show they exist in the real world. I guess the best thing to describe what he does is to say it's like having a lab in clown college where the instructor is a monkey. This one example today was to show how to figure out the needed initial velocity to make the peak of a trajectile at a particular height. So for this, he brought out an egg carton. Right before he threw it in the air, he decided that it would probably be safer to put some sort of protection in case he didn't do his calculations quite accurately enough. So he put the egg in a plastic bag. He threw it up in the air and it landed about 4 feet from myself, breaking and looking like a smashed egg. When he went to pick it up, we learned that the fall had ripped a hole in the bag and it leaked all over the floor. Hilarious. Then, since he didn't quite hit the ceiling the first time, he (very quickly now, before anyone could think) took out another egg, walked to the center, and threw it as hard as he could to the ceiling right in the center of the lecture hall. Fortunately, this one he threw was a plastic egg, which broke into two with a nice crack, scaring the living daylights out of everyone in the hall. He received a round of applause for that. It made my day. Or at least lecture.

After that, I headed over to trumpet ensemble. This week, we had a performance review, where anyone, usually performance majors, played a piece in front of the rest of us, and we critique them. It was actually pretty fun and informative. I'm feeling a lot more comfortable there now.

Afterwards, as I was walking out to my bike, I had a little chat with Nick, the guy that sat next to me. He's a year older, but has been taking lessons from Scott for several years. I got his number to meet up later. He's also going to give me his comp ticket to the orchestra performance, since the people he knows already have tickets. So that's cool. It looks like little Jeffy has made a friend.

Anyway, during that, Brandon called to let me know he won't be at meeting, since he's going to Santa Rosa to pick up his carawong, so he couldn't give me a ride. I then had several message conversations with Riddy, since our cell phones hate each other. We confirmed that he would pick me up at seven.

After a bunch of mulling around, I decided to go to the Shields Library to learn more about Tibetan Buddhism. That place is very scary. It felt like anything I did would be wrong and someone would yell at me. And this is a place where your six-inch inside voice is too loud. Anyway, if you can imagine, the Tibetan Buddhist section isn't exactly the most popular part of the library, so it was in the basement, along with the periodicals. It was way around the back, in a back room that I felt I needed an employee badge, thumbprint and retinal scan to enter. Anyway, I found some books, then went back to the (somewhat) living world to check out my books at the circulation desk. Apparantly everything was kosher (not meaning Jews could eat them, but a general term to mean "OK").

As I was leaving the building, I saw a girl smoking. This may seem irrelevant to the story, but just wait. I looked to my left and saw a huge cloud of smoke. I figured the guy sitting in the middle must be doing the same, only at a much higher intensity. He turns around to reveal a 3 liter bottle of 7up, with which he throws in the garbage can and runs away. For some reason, people seemed to stay away from that garbage can, at least until new, innocent prey came. I finally got bored, so I started biking away, soon to be stopped by a huge bang behind me. The funniest part was that nobody really seemed to notice or care. Nobody was even shooken up. How sad.

I did a bunch of mulling again. I checked the status of my orders to realize that it said my Amazon.com order was delivered to Davis already. I went to the mailbox and sure enough, a package had arrived for me. How convenient. I went and picked it up with a huge grin on my face. As I was walking back to my dorm, I couldn't wait to play my music. So I went straight to the piano, playing with a torn open box next to me. I really love Les Mis. I must go see it. I was getting goosebumps just playing the music. Weird. I enjoy my real book too. That's going to be a lot of fun.

After doing nothing for a while, I decided I was hungry and went to go eat with Jared. Katie and her friend joined us. There was sushi in the north stage. It tasted disgusting, but Jared and I missed it so much, we didn't care. Katie, a white girl (how racist does that sound?), had only had sushi once before (pretty racist!). I then left to get ready for meeting. I found Tony napping.

A few minutes before 7, Riddy called me to tell me to wait for him under an awning. I soon found out why, as I stepped out into the real world to find raindrops so huge, they hurt when they hit you. I saw the black beetle (it was a gift... he's not gay), and ran. Unforunately, he didn't see me, so he started moving forward to loop around. So for maybe 15 feet, I was running in this harsh rain, trying to catch a car. Eventually I was able to bang on his window, so he stopped. I got in. We drove to the Greenways, while listening to a heavy metal version of Carol of the Bells. What a way to get into the spirit.

Meeting was good. Everyone seemed a bit confused by the study. Well, most people. Some, I should say. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure it was just me and one other person. Maybe just me.

After meeting, Riddy asked if I had eaten, to which I replied yes. So I asked him if he wanted to go to Starbucks or something. He replied in the affirmative. We then went to Starbucks, listening to Prince and Oingo Boingo.

At Starbucks, I had my default caramel machiatto, and Rids had a strawberries and cream. Mine was good, at least. I think his was as well, because he finished it. I paid for it with my Starbucks card, so graciously given to me for graduation by Ron and Teri Bone.

Riddy and I sat there talking for quite some time. The RA's for out building were there playing Mafia, so I had to make fun of mine. Not all that important, but Jarrett is easy to make fun of, so I had to throw that in there.

As we were walking out, maybe an hour after we arrived, Riddy asked if I had gone bowling at the MU yet, to which I responded in the negative. So we decided to see if they were still open. They were. They close at midnight.

All the lanes were taken, mostly by asian students, apparantly very happy and very rosy cheeked. I think there was a party or something. There was the occasional high school group, as noted by their youthful countenances and lack of clothing.

After going to the bathroom twice, we finally got our lane, and put two games on it. We played those games, Riddy and I each taking a game, I believe, both scores near, yet under 100. We put on another game, then another. Riddy won one, I won the other. My best score was a 98. That's actually pathetic if you seriously bowl. But since I have a hard time wearing their unusually slippery shoes, I cannot take bowling seriously.

By that time, we had been playing for an hour. It was way too long and we were way too tired. So much fun though. It's odd though, since Riddy really reminds me of Zach. Weird. I need to sleep. Like really bad. Nothing else happened after that. We went back to his car, banging the wind chimes on the way. He dropped me off and we said we must do that again. Yawn. I'm done.


0 Responses to “A Really Long Day”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3