Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Racquetball (Stuff and Playing)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I am very tired and sore. And that is because of racquetball.

Oddly, even though I took way too long to get up this morning, I wasn't completely tired. It would seem that I would be, since Tony was watching anime very loudly with the lights on when I was trying to sleep, and left his desk lamp on the entire night, but I wasn't. I didn't even take my usual Thursday-morning-after-Chem-discussion-where-we-don't-do- anything-for-the-half-hour-we're-supposed-to-be-there nap, so I must have been doing well. Instead of that nap, I played the piano. Fun.

One of the heavy suggestions from my Improv teacher was that we buy The Real Book, a book of jazz standards written so you can basically do whatever you want with them. So I went online to buy that, the cheapest place being Amazon. Needing my $25 get-free-shipping limit, I also bought the Les Miserables piano/vocals book, since I've had that music stuck in my head. And I'm going to be home from December 19th to January 3rd, so we better be going to Les Mis, or something bad will happen.

Anyway, since I bought that, I decided that I might as well buy the racquetball shoes that have been sitting on my taskbar, patiently waiting to be purchased. As I completed my order from trpros.com, I called Riddy to see if he had my shampoo with him. When I told him I bought racquetball shoes, he told me about a great racquetball site. Sure enough, when I went to racquetballwarehouse.com, they had the same shoes, but offered free shipping. Since trpros.com is mainly a tennis site, I decided that I could take advantage of the free shipping and get some goggles and a glove as well. I called trpros.com to cancel the order and the guy was very friendly. After it was all done, he said, "Would you mind if I asked why you're cancelling the order?" to which I explained the situation. He was very understanding, and then went on to explain how they have a lot more racquetball stuff that isn't on the website, then offered to put together a nice little package for me. So I did a bit of research and found some goggles and a glove I liked, then after a series of emails with him, we reached an agreement. It ended up costing $79.99, shipping included, which was probably $20 cheaper than anywhere else. It was more than I was wanting to pay, but the way he handled the business was too helpful and courteous to ignore. If you ever need tennis or racquetball equipment, be sure to check out trpros.com.

In a very happy mood, I went to lunch with Doug. Afterwards, I stopped by the Junction to get some Hot Cheetos for Lydia's 18th birthday (it was the only thing she said she wanted). I still have yet to see her, so they're sitting on my desk.

After finishing the reading and writing about it, I went to English. It was actually pretty fun. I got in an argument about meter with C Kiefer, which I won, I think. Afterwards, I was talking to him about the next paper (on poetry), and he suggested I write about this one poem by Norman Dubie. It turns out the poem is called "The Book of Crying Kanglings" and, when printed out, is 40 pages long. It seems I will be a bit busy this weekend. Because I'm going to Chico for a get together.

Dinner was actually quite tasty. There was a salad with roasted turkey and yams, covered in a vinagrette dressing. Odd, but good.

At 7, I had a racquetball court reserved, so Jared and I went to play there. Oh, how good and oh how pleasant. It was so much fun. And So tiring. Man, I'm tired. I plan on reading a whole bunch tonight. I'd best get to that.


0 Responses to “Racquetball (Stuff and Playing)”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3