Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Office Hours, Packages, and the Isle of Man


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've got some reading to do for English. I probably won't finish before I go to bed.

Today was a pretty good day. I actually woke up in time for Chem. The whole lecture wasn't bad, since she had a bowl of liquid nitrogen she kept on doing stuff with. Except she should have done more exciting things than put balloons in it. Bah.

Math was pretty good. I sat in the front row today. We learned... stuff.

After that, I compiled a list of things I needed to do. Such things were "Get folder (with pockets)," "Get mail," and "Go to TA office hours." I managed to do everything on the list except for read. Well, I did read, just not what I'm supposed to.

One of the things I needed to do was to get the stupid folders. So I went to the bookstore. If you know anything about me and bookstores, I was in there for quite some time. And I went back later as well. I also managed to come back with more than I originally intended, with 5 folders, the winter course catalog, and Harry Harrison's "50 in 50", a book of 50 short stories. I like short stories. I read the first one already. It was good.

When the time came, I went to my math TA's office hours. It made me feel very depressed, seeing the guy sitting in his office alone for an entire hour. I could tell he was disappointed when I only had enough questions to last maybe 10 minutes. I do remember him asking "Is that all?" with a sad tone in his voice. But I learned more math, which is good.

From there, I did stuff until meeting time. I contemplated going to the DC, but decided I didn't have enough time. So I ate a Balance Bar instead. Oh that's right. I got my mail and I had a package. It contained plenty of odd things. I got some money though. That will go to buying... stuff. And plenty of packing peanuts. They're really annoying to dispose of, since when you try and pour them down the rubbish chute, the wind will just shoot them back in your face. So this time I put them into a bag first, then dropped the bag all the way down. It was wonderful.

In the mail, I received several letters from junk, but one letter (mysteriously opened) from Badnarik's campaign headquarters with my bumper sticker. Now it causes me to wonder why on earth it was opened. It was clearly addressed to Jeff Lee and marked clearly that it was pertaining to the Libertarian Party. Perhaps it was the mailman.

I also got a letter from the marines. As a college student, the first thing I saw was the small print that said "free duffel bag." Now I am compelled to send in the form for more junk mail just to get the duffel. With my luck, the bag will be opened already though.

Hungrily, I hopped into the car with Brandon. It was and exciting ride, as usual. We did see a turbo on the way though. I could picture a situation where David was drooling and I was groaning. Probably because that situation has happened several times.

Meeting was good. It was rather large, despite a few missing people. I managed to sneak to the Greenway's piano to play a few hymns afterwards while Brandon talked engineering. All in all, it was good.

After I got back, I decided to go to late night to finally eat. The food was mediocre, except for the cookies. I did manage to have a very enlightening conversation with Chris, an awesome guy that works in the DC. It turns out part of his awesomeness is because he's from the Isle of Man, the reason he sounds so cool. He's here on an exchange program to study music and Japanese, two majors that are apparantly easier when forced to do slave labor. He's a funny guy who pretends to like his job, when secretly has fun by doing whatever he wants to.

Now I am here, still not reading. Oh, I'll just read tomorrow. It's not due for several hours anyway. And I have to get to class by 8. Meh...


0 Responses to “Office Hours, Packages, and the Isle of Man”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3