Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Amy and Shengshu


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My day has been so very exciting.

Waking up at roughly 8:00, I opted not to have oatmeal, choosing the banana instead. Bananas aren't the most delicious of of the fruit category, but they do seem to have such a nice shape, useful for making banana guns. I really need to get a better breakfast selection.

With breakfast in my belly, I went to Chem. Professor True is funny, in the way that she just likes to make explosions. So today she lit a piece of magnesium on fire. Unfortunately, with my tired body, I had to shield myself from the blinding light that just wanted to make me go to sleep.

I would have to say the focus of my day was trying to hang out with Amy. It included several phone calls during class breaks to check each other's schedule. The hour between Chem and Math didn't work out, since they were on the other end of campus.

Calculus was as usual. I do enjoy Dr. Hass though. He has that midwestern accent that makes him say things like "idear." He's funny in the math teacher sort of way though. I always laugh at his (pathetic attempts at) jokes, but it rarely seems anyone else does. Too bad. They're really bad jokes anyway.

After math, I put my stuff in my room, then got a message from Amy that they were going to the Segundo DC. Hungry (having only eaten that banana and a cookie I stole from Katie), I rushed down there, bringing Sarah along with me because she suffered from the same problem I did.

We get to the DC, and sure enough, there was Amy, as well as her student guide person. After stealing some food from the people giving it away, I went to sit with them, soon followed by Sarah. Lunch was pretty interesting. There were 6 of us there: Amy and her guide, another runner and his guide, Sarah and me. Apparantly the previous night did not promote sleep. It was funny hearing from Amy about the things that went on since she told it with the utmost naivety. Although, it did seem they put on a special show for the recruits.

Anyway, after lunch, stealing my banana for tomorrow, I followed them to the track for practive. I figured I only had to finish the lab from last week and do the prelab for this week, and I had three hours. I might as well waste some time by seeing what else was going on.

It turns out that the track is in the stadium. Imagine that. Being there was really weird to me because it felt like something I should belong to and feel comfortable at, yet didn't. I guess it's because they didn't have instruments. But still, it just managed to get more and more awkward. So eventually I left. It also turns out that Lorin and Halah (two girls on my floor) are on the team. So I got to say hello to them.

After I got back, I opened up my lab book to pretend to do work. Most of the time I was just walking around the halls, but some of the time I actually went out and copied Doug's work. I really ought to learn the stuff for myself since the midterm is on Friday.

Going to the lab dreading the next few hours, I was pretty miserable. But as soon as we started working, I just got happier and happier. We were working in partners, taking a copper wire, breaking it down, doing a whole bunch of other stuff to it, and then making copper again. Not only was the lab really cool (a whole bunch of awesome reactions and such), but I felt that Matt (my partner) and I really bonded with Shengshu. He's actually a really cool guy, despite the fact that he's teaching us in another language. For the first time, I actually saw him laugh. Somebody spilled their solution and he laughed at them. How awesome is that? Pretty awesome.

For the first time in forever, I felt great when leaving the lab. It was really weird. The euphoria lasted several hours afterwards. It was just so great.

Dinner at the DC wasn't bad, but it was packed. We ate outside because of that, and it was pretty cold. I went back to my room.

I finished my Improv homework, of writing 50 children's songs and their first melodic line. That actually took a full week. It's pretty hard, especially since you have to do it all by ear.

I attempted to do my math homework, but it didn't really work out that well. Fortunately I have all day tomorrow to do it.

Interesting occurrence last night while I was taking a shower. The guy next to me was done, then I heard a slam of something to the ground. I peek around the curtain and see a toothbrush lying on the floor in my stall. I look back and there's a hand reaching and picking it up. I tried to find out who it was, yet nobody knew. I'd like to make an anouncement to the world though. The five-second rule does not apply to toothbrushes.

I think that will be all for today. I'm pretty tired. Bed tonight.


0 Responses to “Amy and Shengshu”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3