Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Saturday


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well well well. The week has passed. Today has been good.

I've been meaning to get out to the ARC, but things just kept on piling up. Of course, they were all insignificant things, making for an insignificant pile, but the ARC didn't manage to cram its way in there.

Waking up at around 11, after lying in bed for maybe an hour, contemplating life, I went and brushed my teeth. This was, of course, after getting dressed. Although it really doesn't matter to anyone except for the twelve year old girl next door to me. She's probably not really twelve, but everybody thinks she looks like it and has that level of naivety. Everybody is really okay with anything that goes on, anyway. I mean, nobody would really care if a guy walked through the girls bathroom or vice versa. It's all cool.

So I called Dell today. I'm still bitter. The guy was supposed to call me back two weeks ago, yet never did. So I decided to call them back. That got me nowhere though. The one guy I talked to, after 15 minutes of being on hold, told me that there was nothing he could do, short of having me reformat my hard drive, and he couldn't tell me if they could refund my computer since it was past the 30 day period. So he had me call customer service. As my luck would have it, customer service was even more painful than technical support. By the time I actually started talking to a human, I was on the phone for over an hour, so my patience was no longer existant. I was on the verge of tears, not because of any emotional stress, but because of the sheer annoyance of their staff. So finally speaking to a customer service representative, I told her that I want to return the computer for a refund to upgrade it. After she spent way too long looking up the information, she tells me that it was a business computer and she couldn't do anything about it. So she gave me the number for the business computer support. After she did that, I bitterly exclaimed, "Oh, you mean the same number I called to reach you, and the same number I called to reach technical support?". Well, I was just fed up, so I had her transfer me instead. Of course, the business support isn't open on the weekends, but idiot Indian lady didn't know that (or anything else, for that matter). So in all of my distress, I wrote Dell an email, which their online everything said would be answered in 6 hours or less. It's been about 14 and counting. I hate Dell. If you want a new computer, don't get a Dell.

The whole Dell incident left me rather edgy for the rest of the day. I walked up and down the halls, like normal. I got my sleeping bag back from Sarah (she used it last night for a sorority retreat to Sacramento). I discussed the possibility of going home for Thanksgiving with her. We still have a month.

I decided to get my reading done, so I whipped out Franz Kafka's "The Metamorphosis". This horrendously long novella was about nothing, so I broke it down into four 45 minute intervals. It's torture. I mean, the guy's a bug. Either help him or kill him. Just do something.

I ate dinner with Doug. Doug is really awesome. He's really pretty cool. After dinner, we sat around talking for a few more hours. Just about random stuff. He's had some pretty interesting experiences. He lived in South America for a few years, as well as Costa Rica. He's fluent in Spanish and has one of the most authentic accents I've ever heard. It's cool.

Did a bunch of nothing.

I talked to Amy Robinson on the phone for a while tonight. Too much talking though. My throat is sore. I need some water. Anyway, she wants to go to Davis next year, so I'm basically doing everything possible so that she will. She's taking a tour tomorrow and Wednesday, so I'll show her around a bit on her free time. Awesome.

I'm tired.


0 Responses to “Saturday”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3