Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Tuesday


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Wow. That last post was really long.

I forgot to mention the most exciting part of my day yesterday. I got hit by a bike. In Davis, at one point or another, you're bound to get hit by a bike. The place is just packed with bikers, many of which are fat, slow, and inept. So I was on the right of one of these particular bikers as we were going around a roundabout (that just sounded so awesome). She decided to make a bigger circle than she needed to, and ended up clipping my side. Her poor biking skills led to a big pile of her and her bike on the ground, while I just kept on going. I turned around to see if she was ok, and except for her pride, she was fine. Moral of the story: Fat girls should walk.

So this morning, I woke up wondering when the improv class would start. I knew it was on Tuesday mornings, but my schedule still says TBA. So at about 9:15, I called the music department, who so kindly told me that I needed to be there in 45 minutes. It turns out the class is awesome. I really feel like I should be there. It's maybe a dozen musicians sitting in a cramped little room, playing three blind mice. It's pretty awesome. They're all at the same level as I am, so it's great. I'm really excited. For homework, I have to make a list of 50 children's songs, then transcribe them solely by ear. So much fun!

After that, I went back to the dorm, trying to figure out lunch before my English class at 2. Jared, an asian guy who reminds me a lot of Mike Kiyoi, invited me to go to Papa John's with a few of his friends (we all have coupons for free individual pizzas). I called them ahead of time so my pizza would be waiting when we got there. The conversation went like this:

Phone: [ring ring]
Papa John's: Hi, thanks for calling Papa John's. Can you hold?
Me: Hi, I'd like a... yeah, sure.
Papa John's: Hi, this is John, and I'd like to tell you about all the great deals we have here at Papa John's. In the Sacramento area, we offer a variety of services...

Five minutes, seventeen seconds later...

Papa John's: ...In the Sacramento area...
Me: [click]
Me: [redial]
Phone: [ring ring]
Papa John's: Hi, thanks for calling Papa John's. Can you hold?
Me: No.
Papa John's: Uh... How may I help you?
Me: I have a coupon for a free pizza.
Papa John's: Your pizza will be ready in an hour.
Papa John's: [click]

I then went to the DC.

English was awesome. Someone's phone rang, one of those polyphonic ring tones, and C. Kiefer jumps up on his chair and starts dancing. He was still dancing, maybe 15 seconds after the ringing stopped. He's pretty weird. We talked about William Faulkner's "A Rose for Emily" and the necrophilia therein. Then we talked about the sexual allusions in Edgar Allen Poe's "A Tell-Tale Heart". Fun stuff.

After procrastinating a week, I finally got around to doing my calculus homework. I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of how the system works. The homework is posted on the site, and it's up to you to look it up and do it. When you go to the discussion, the first thing you do is hand in your homework. Then the rest of class is devoted to answering your questions about the homework. So basically you learn the stuff, but don't get credit for learning it. Theoretically, you could do next week's homework ahead of hand, then ask about that, but honestly, what college student wants to do extra work?

After biking back in the dark (which, by the way, is so awesome), I ran back up the stairs to where I am now. I'm sitting here very excited about the morrow, since the trumpet ensemble meets at noon:ten. Oh, about my chamber music audition. I've been keeping in touch with the director, and after quite a few emails, this is what he said:

"I definitely want you to be in the trumpet ensemble, and, if things work out that way, perhaps we can include in the brass quintet. I'm still working on that group."

How utterly awesome. If the brass quintet thing works out, that means I'll be taking the same amount of music classes as I am taking academic classes. Awesome.

Anyway, this is my life thusfar. Feel free to share the love and pass this blog around. It's time to sit around and do nothing.


0 Responses to “Tuesday”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3