Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Devil Weather


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Today is a miserable day, at least when concerning the weather.

I woke up at 9:15, in time to actually make oatmeal for breakfast. In getting ready for my Improv class, I decided that it was a little nippy out, so I put on a light jacket. Perhaps if I went outside instead of looking out the window, I would have noticed that it was extremely windy and wet. Unfortunately, I did not assess this from my room. I did, however, figure this out when stepping out the door. So in shorts and a light jacket, I biked all the way across campus with my trumpet on my back.

Once there, things were a bit more promising. The class content was really amazing. I'm actually beginning to have an ear for this sort of thing, moreso than others there. I just feel really great. Probably because of the weather, only about a third of the people were there. The smaller setting was a much more cozy feel. I liked it. We worked on the idea of stretching out songs, by playing a song written in four and playing it in three or vice versa. Our homework is to listen to The song Freddy Freeloader on Miles Davis' album Kind of Blue and learn to sing Miles' solo. How awesome.

Now at noon, I decided it was time to go to the DC. I found Jared to go with me. As we were walking in the door, I held out my card for the lady to swipe, but it took her a few moments to finish reading her pamphlet. After she swiped it, I muttered "I could have just swiped it," to which she responded, "Would you like to?" So I got to go behind the counter and swipe Jared's card. It was so awesome.

After getting in, we headed to the spring rolls. Unfortunately, Jared took the last one, so I had to stand around waiting for one. One of the chefs told me that they weren't making any more, but when I asked if he was serious, he smiled and replied in the negative. So while we were waiting, the conversation went as follows:

Me: So Jared... know any good jokes?
Jared: No, not really.
Chef #2: I know a good one. It's kind of bad though.
Jared: Well tell it anyway.
Cheffy: What's the difference between a Jew and a pizza?
Jared: That's terrible.
Chef Boy R.D.: The pizza doesn't scream when you shove it in an oven.

Apparantly he's a quarter Jewish, so he felt he had the right to tell it. I don't care, it was funny nonetheless. So now, instead of telling the joke, I quote him telling the joke. It still has the same effect, yet I get none of the blame.

After putting on pants, I headed to English. Class was as great as ever. This time, he made fun of me for having so much knowledge on literature. Anytime he mentions an outside source, asking if anyone has read it, I usually reply in the positive, to which he responds, "You read too much." Funny how this is an English teacher saying that.

After much deliberation, or actually none at all, I had not started my paper that's due on Thursday. In fact, I had no idea what I would write about. So after class, I was talking to him as he was walking to his car, and actually came up with a pretty good idea. He was getting some coffee, so asked if I wanted any. When I told him I don't drink coffee, he asked about tea. Again, I politely declined. So he bought me a large cup of Constant Comment anyway. Unfortunately, they use boiling water for that stuff, so I burnt my whole tongue. I also had to bike all the way back to the dorms, one hand steering, one hand holding the devil tea. It was like a white elephant. I couldn't dispose of it because it was a gift, yet it was a pain to have. Every tiny bump sent boiling water on my hand or on my leg. How utterly miserable. And after all of that, I had to drink the whole thing, out of obligation. It wasn't bad, probably because I have no feeling in my tongue anyway.

Waiting for Jared so I could check my math homework, I sat around. He finally came back, about 10 minutes before I had to go to class. So after we checked everything over, I put on a second jacket and gloves, then headed out to my bike. Seven o'clock has gotten darker rather quickly. I actually had to use my light on the way to math discussion. It was cool though.

Whatever Rick was talking about went right over my head, as well as everyone elses, since after about 15 minutes of proofs, he said something like, "Well, that's advanced calculus, so you don't really need to know that." Great. It was cool though. I'm glad I stayed anyway. I think I'll go to his office hours tomorrow, since I still don't quite understand the precise definition of a limit.

Getting back to the dorm, I asked around to see if anyone wanted to go to late night at the DC, since I didn't eat dinner. Adam was going, but we had to wait for his friend Julie.

That was the first time I've been to late night. It was cool though. It was like a limited dinner selection with more desserts. The best part was cookies fresh out of the oven. Mmmmmmm. They were delicious.

Shani gave me a few breakfast bars to hold me over until I actually get some. I like the concept of "breakfast bars." It makes me feel like I'm eating breakfast. Now if I get a Balance bar as well, I can have a balanced breakfast.

I think I need to learn Chemistry. That's what Doug is for. Perhaps I should go to Shengshu's office hours. I think I will. But as for now, I need to do something by myself. Like I don't know what.


0 Responses to “Devil Weather”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3