Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Trumpet People


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Despite the fact that it was only 8:15, it was extremely hard to wake up this morning. But I did my best, checking on the status of the election first thing. Things were looking all right when my boy got 1% if California. Looks like we know how to vote. I was one of 275 people in Yolo county to be super cool too. How exciting.

After a morning of slow waking up, I realized it was raining outside, so I put on my sweatshirt and rain jacket to venture out into the open. I realized later how much the rain jacket keeps warmth in, since my sweatshirt lets little streams of cold air flow right to my skin.

Chem and math were both a little blah today. It was funny to turn around and watch half the class either asleep or nodding off. They way I have it worked is that in both of my lectures I sit in the front row, partly to get the professors to recognize my face, but mainly so I can see. That way, if i want to see someone behind me, I get to see every single sleeping face. It sure is fun.

After math, I headed on over to the music building for trumpet ensemble. That was actually more enjoyable today than the previous times. I'm starting to feel more comfortable around these people now that I'm seeing them every week. There was a new guy today. He looked young, probably a freshman. He seemed nice, but knowing he was a trumpet player, I'd say he's cocky. He had a really bright tone too, which bothered me since it's chamber music. Whatever. I actually started to bond a little with the other guys around me. There's one guy that's in the improv class too, so we had a little Miles Davis musical conversation. And another guy was intrigued by my horn. So that was fun.

I've pretty much just been lollygagging the rest of the day. I ate lunch with Doug, Caitlin, Aziza, and her roommate. It was actually pretty good. I then played the piano for a while, then went back to my room, then went back to the piano. I finally put on a jacket and went to Brandon's awaiting car. There's a get together in Chico this weekend. You should go. I'm going, that's for sure.

Meeting was hot, since I neglected to take off my jacket. It started raining again after a nice sunny spell. Bah. Cold and gloomy.

I'm sleep. I want to bed.


0 Responses to “Trumpet People”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3