Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Busyness


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My day has definitely been weird.

I woke up at 9, only to write a completely terrible intro paragraph to my essay. At the time, I went to my improv class.

In the improv class, I felt I really bonded with the other trumpet player, Zack. He's also in the trumpet ensemble. We now have all sorts of trumpet jokes, which I guess would make us both losers. But we play trumpet, so by our definition, we are cool.

We worked on cycle songs, such as Blue Bossa, Just Friends, How High the Moon, and Autumn Leaves. It's actually pretty cool because I'm starting to learn how to solo. Really. Weird, huh?

After I got back, it was write write write. I had 1500 words to compose, none of which would be comprehensible. I had two hours to get that done. Although I wrote for 2 hours, not even eating lunch, I had only written 1000 words, in a format I would fail to call a rough draft. I decided to just hand it in anyway.

The way rough drafts work in our English class is that on the due dates, we have a draft workshop. This means that we are assigned other people's drafts to edit and murder to bits. I talked it over a bit with C Kiefer, and he understands my predicament. Luckily, he doesn't know what to make of the poem either, so he personally looked over my rough thoughts, and noted on there what I should do. Lucky luck luck. Meanwhile, I got to murder other people's terrible papers. So much fun, except I was really hungry.

After that, I decided I needed to start the math homework due at 7. So I did the first section until 4:45, when the DC opened for dinner. That meant I was there at the opening bell, eating. It was so good. It doesn't matter what it was, I ate it. That was the first actual food that entered my mouth all day. Yum.

I then pathetically finished my math homework. I have a lot of studying to do, since the midterm is on Friday. Tomorrow will be mostly review, so that should help a bit. Also, Thursday is a holiday, so that will be a big part of my day.

After the math discussion, I headed over to Olson 267, where a meeting was supposed to take place. Some girl told me that there was a meeting for all half breeds at 7, so I came after class, but everyone was gone. It felt a bit like James Joyce's "Araby." Sad and lonely.

Since then, I've been wandering around, happy that nothing is immediately due, since I've been working my little tail off for the past few days. I even did homework at the get together. I was proud of myself.

At 9, I called Amy because she was supposed to call me. We talked for an hour forty five minutes or so. It was nice to talk to a human being again. Especially one my age. I felt a little overwhelmed because everybody at the get together was either several years older than me or wished they were so pretended to act like it. Too formal. Bothersome.

Now I am tired. And I want to take shower and bed myself.


0 Responses to “Busyness”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3