Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Lazy Hazy Sundazy


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well. A bed awaits me.

Today has been fun. I actually got some work done. Granted, none of it has been for anything that will give me a grade, but it's still fun.

I woke up at 9:00 to get ready for meeting. Surprisingly, Tony got up as well. I guess he was using my alarm. It's cool. I use the randomness of his actions as my alarm sometimes too.

Brandon picked me up and we had some car troublems. We're not really sure what's up, but it has something to do with either the spark plugs, transmission, clutch, or something under the hood. We did make it to meeting though.

After a very good meeting, there was a surprise waiting for us outside. It started with a "B" and ended with a "randon's car wouldn't start." So Darren, Miguel and I pushed the car while Brandon tried to pop the clutch. Oh, the joys of doing that in slacks and ties.

On about the 5th try, we finally got going, so we all headed over to the Greenway's house for lunch. I played the piano a lot. Lunch was very good.

I guess for Christmas, they gave us kids all a jar of trail mix and a study guide for the gospel from Daryl. It's actually really cool and nicely bound.

Anyway, since I got back here, I've been doing nothing. I played the piano some more, but got yelled at since quiet hours are stupid and start at 8. So I went back to my nothingness. I edited Sarah's paper. I wrote our Christmas letter, which I think is awesome. So awesome, in fact, I think I will put it here. Read it, it's awesome.

Dear Friends and Whatnot-

Since nobody else wanted to, I volunteered to write the Christmas letter. And unlike all previous years, I'm actually writing it myself! The past year has gone by just as quickly as all other years, except for that extra day in February. There have been exciting things in all of our lives, so as the bitter college student, I will now begin to joyously tell them all to you.

I am awesome. I am now completely independent of my family, only requiring them for money, care packages, etc. At the prestigious University of California, Davis where I currently reside, things are much different than Santa Barbara, namely colder. That's probably the biggest thing I've done all year. After graduation, there was a small trip over to Europe, on tour as lead trumpet for my no-longer High School's Jazz Band. We went to Austria (Nazis), Switzerland
(pocketknives), France (cheese), Belgium (lace), and Holland (outdoor urinals). After I got home, I was getting bored of just sitting around pretending to work (and get paid for it), so I took a couple of trips up north. I went to Milltown 2 up in Washington, flew back down, then a week later, drove to Boring 2 at the top of Oregon. It was all very fun and exciting. Moving on.

Our beloved puppy Quincy managed to experience a very kinky death, involving a penny, jaundice, blood clots, biliruben's disease, water aerobics, and neon orange bandages. Out of either sympathy or pity and quite a lot of convincing to the parentals, his breeder, Cheryl
Makale, gave us two brand new puppies. I claimed Rigby ( after Eleanor Rigby) and David claimed Linus (after Linus Torvalds, of course). They are awesome.

Speaking of David, he's still as boring as ever. All he does is sit in front of his computer all day long. Mom calls him "The Phantom Child." He joined track, so now he fully believes he's better than everyone since he can run around in circles. Well, ovals. At least that requires him to get off the computer and outside. Granted, we don't ever see him out there running, but we're pretty sure he's actually doing it. Unless he's just keeping times. Digitally, of course.

I would have to say that Jayna has had the most eventful year. After spending most of her time recklessly partying, she finally managed to graduate from San Diego State University with a degree in Art, emphasis in Graphic Design. She started working at the club again, taking all of my hours, but decided to make use of the education she pretended to receive. Amazingly enough, she managed to actually get a job as a graphic designer, for TMC Communications. After getting sworn in or whatever they do there, she left for a two week trip to Bolivia with Darling Shane.

Shane-o is still awesome as well. He played host to Brad Bone this summer, which was nice since he was with us all the time but we didn't have to worry about sheltering him. Shane's been working hard though, going on "business trips" to Boston quite frequently. The biggest
trip was that one to Bolivia to see his sister and meet up with his family. I didn't go, but I heard it was fun. And apparently very picturesque. But since the two of them co-purchased a very nice camera, everything seems to be worthy of a picture. They probably have enough pictures to fill David's hard drives. Anyway, they've done some other things too, like get engaged.

Mom and Dad are pretty boring compared to us kids. Well, compared to Jayna and myself. Mom went on a Princess Cruise with all her girl siblings and mother for Grandma's somethingth birthday. Why did they have to pick "Princess"? That's sickening. Dad's been cooking a lot,
and working with teeth. Wait, that's what he always does. The two of them went to Memphis to see Holly and Tyson and go to Paris convention. Mom likes to joke about going to Paris, but I wouldn't really consider it a joke. Then Mom went to Alaska to help Brenda out with her immobile husband, but I don't think the twinnies would be any help to anybody. All I can picture is a bunch of giggling.

Well, there's my bitter interpretation on the year. If you enjoyed it, then you're very welcome. If you didn't, then David wrote it. He think's I'm awesome too.

Jeff


0 Responses to “Lazy Hazy Sundazy”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3