Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



A Day of Much Longness


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



As it is now past 2:30 and I am just now back in Davis, I will try and keep this short.

Woke up, blah blah blah. Ate lunch.

Becca's brother was having a concert, so she was trying to get as many people to go to Berkeley and cheer him on. Eventually I was convinced to go. The deciding factor was that I would be back here in time for meeting. Everyone else was staying at Mayaan's and going to her church on Sunday.

So it turns out I took my car, so Doug, Shani, and David could come back too. Fun fun.

I realized why I don't drive in the Bay Area. Traffic is not that enjoyable. It makes you late.

We ate dinner at Mayaan's in Melbrae, and it was very delicious. Orange chicken, rice, green beans, tomatos and pine nuts, pitas and hummus. Yummus. After that, we fled back to Berkeley.

The concert, in Epic Arts Studios, turned out to be a converted home. Apartment, really. There were way too many people there. The Fire Marshall would have some fun.

One thing about Berkeley is the abundance of dirty hippies. There were a lot of them at the concert. Maybe 60+ people were there. There were a lot. And they would be dirtily grooving to the music or talking disrespectfully, as parents. Bah. Dirty hippies. Flaming liberals. I've never felt so conservative in my life.

The music was great though. I think I'll buy his CD when it comes out.

Anyway, after the concert was over, we headed over to a coffee shop to get some drinks. We got there at 11:45. I got a large Oregon Chai.

There were 13 of us from Davis, plus some Cal friends as well. After the coffee shop, we headed to some museum at the top of a hill with a beautiful view of Berkeley. It was cold and wet, yet the bay looked nice.

We drove back, now the four of us are here. It was a lot quicker coming back than going there.

I might add that I finally found a use for those leather gloves. They were mighty fine in the weather. They're actually too nice to use for everyday Davis weather, since I'm afraid I will ruin them. But for dressy casual cold stuff... perfect.

Also, I parked the car here, since TAPS doesn't work weekends, and I'll drive to meeting since Brandon isn't here. Then I can get a ride from Rids afterwards, since we'll probably hang out anyway. It works out. Perfectly, in fact. Except for the fact that I'm falling asleep as I type this. Must shower now. I'm feeling dirty. Like a hippie, sort of.


0 Responses to “A Day of Much Longness”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3