Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Frightening


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I woke up sadly. I actually had to get up. Out of my bed. Which is why I was so sad.

Chem was ridiculously boring. All it was was watching him do things so boring I can't remember. He tried to keep our attention with a demo at the end, but even that was so boring half the class left when he started. This class has gone downhill dramatically.

I went back to my hammock and got familiar with Metzger's story of Jesus. I actually got most of the reading done. Surprising.

Lunch wasn't that bad, except the Italian sandwiches they had were using a new spread that had whole onions stronger than Strong Bad. It tasted pretty rancid. But apparantly I forgot about that, since I ate the second one with and equal amount of shock.

Math wasn't too bad, since most people find it terrible. I understand that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, so let me rephrase that. The entire lecture has boiled down to about 20 students, making it a nice little lecture. And Grishin's accent is still pretty cool.

I quick biked over to Sproul so I could visit Dr. Hurst at his office hours for once. I figured that since the previous two times I visited were near the end of the hour and I didn't catch him, the beginning of the hour would be more promising. I got to his door to find part of the back of an envelope (I'm not kidding, it was 3/4 of an envelope) with a scribbled note saying that he wouldn't hold office hours today. So I was pretty sad.

As I was biking back to the road, I saw Francisco, my TA, and mentioned that Hurst wasn't there. I then got the clever idea of talking to him instead. So I locked up my bike and went to his office. It was the most helpful session I have ever been to. He basically told me what to do, where to go, how to write. He even went into the library database and gave me a list of books to check out. I spent the better part of the hour there.

Because of that, I had to rush back to my room, collect my laptop, and rush back there. I made it perfectly in time.

Lecture consisted of Hurst talking, as always. More interesting stuff, but it felt he didn't do a very detailed job. The topic was Jesus' death, so I just felt a little curious as to why it was so briefly covered.

A quick hop over to Shield's Library gave me two more books to help my paper. These are the New Testament Apocrypha and analysis about it. Should be interesting. Jesus as a child.

Getting back to the dorms, I talked to Negin for a little bit and we arranged a meeting time (15 minutes) and place (her dorm). So I got my boquet (which, by the way, was awesome... I can't believe nobody has complimented me on it), and went to her dorm. Imagine how a girl would react if somebody as cool as myself gave her something as cool as my boquet of cranes. Squealing, blushing, and holding the hands to the face were all in line. It was pretty great. I made somebody's Valentine's Day.

Well, after that, I had to take her out to dinner. So we had a romantic flourescent lit dinner at the Segundo Dining Commons. The food was average.

The funniest part of the meal was when I saw Joe and AJ (Brandon's roommates) walk into the DC and partake in the feeding frenzy. I had to go bug them about it. But they're not ashamed, only hungry.

Quickly after that, I hopped on my little bike and went to New Testament discussion. Pena kept us busy with thinking. He's actually a great TA because of that. And a terrible one too, for the same reason.

Maayan's concert was at 8:00, so I went looking for people with which to walk over to Freeborn. I found Doug, who was going with Aziza and didn't mind me tagging along. So we went to the third floor to find her putting on makeup. Ten minutes later, we were putting on shoes. Finally, we got out of the door at around 7:55. But she decided that she wanted to drive. Fine by me, except the closest parking spot you could find would probably be at the dorms. So she tried finding a spot nearer, when I just proclaimed that I'd catch them later and hopped out of the car.

The concert was pretty good. It was a benefit for the crisis in Sudan, so it was actually doing something too. The keyboardist was my favorite, mainly because he was actually a really good musician.

All I knew about the group prior to watching them was that they're the number one group in Israel. As I was listening to them, I remember seriously thinking to myself, "Israel isn't that big... they probably don't have a whole lot of competition." It just wasn't my type of music. And I was pretty tired, so their energetic music wasn't helping.

I was also put in a bad mood by the fact that the main guy's mic wasn't working properly. They tried to fix it in the middle of a song, disrupting him, then later they had to stop completely because the mic did as well. It seemed to be something that should have been addressed in the sound check.

The singer/keyboardist held up very well. Most musicians I know would probably have blown up, but he carried on a nice little monologue, especially since English isn't a language with which he is extremely comfortable.

But the part that made me mad was when stupid old men that think they're better than you got up and whined at the sound board operators. I could see that they were pretty mad at the disruption of the concert, but honestly, what else could the sound guys do? They were doing the best they possibly could, and anything the fat, stupid men could have to say they would have already known. I can't imagine a situation where that conversation would be necessary. Stupid fat men don't know more than me, and I say they should shut their mouths when it comes to professionals. So just shut it.

Anyway, the concert was so good, Jared and I left early.

Back here, I practiced my trumpet, did my music homework, and played nonsensically on the computer. And by played I mean typed. I don't play on the computer.

Shoot, racquetball tomorrow early. I'd best be out.


0 Responses to “Frightening”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3