Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Ah, the Day of Rest


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well, Riddy's place was fun. Wait a sec. Back up a bit.

The Safariventure was pretty cool. We knew we were going to be a little late, so we told them about that beforehand. We were only about two hours late. Not that bad.

As the Safariventure show was starting, Riddy and I grabbed some food from the pot luck. It must have been the most poorly communicated pot luck I have ever been to. I think there were four spinach salads, one green salad, two marshmallow salads, and probably a few more unclassifiable salads. And one dish of ham. And an entire table of desserts. Granted, it was all good except for one of the marshmallow salad things, but I simply felt overwhelmed with the amount of spinach there. And most everything on my plate tasted like a nice vinagrette.

Don't get me wrong, the Safariventure was pretty cool and interesting, but... why? None of those pictures were taken during my lifetime. It's worse than Bernie's trip to Israel. Well, probably not, since it was interesting. But still, I thought they might have just gotten back from Africa or something, throwing a courtesy get together showing the things they saw.

I was kind of taken aback when I saw an actual slide projector. "Slideshow" means "Powerpoint." Honestly. Are we needing to collect small sticks to start a fire?

So I figured that they were just a little old fashioned. Hey, it's cool. I haven't seen a slideshow like that in quite some time. They probably went though a little effort to get slides made in this day and age.

But no, they were from the 70's. It's not just hot in Africa... short shorts were in.

Richard and I left at a respectable time. We went to his place and had a sleepover in their living room. It was like we were little kids. Fun fun.

We got up way too early for meeting, around 8. We had a nice, big breakfast. It was unusual. Not used to eating breakfast.

Meeting in their home was nice. A lot of old people and some that I knew. Lunch there afterwards.

I found it strange how the topic over lunch shifted mainly between relatives of mine. But nobody knew that. So they would be talking about someone and I would say, "that's my great aunt." And later, "second cousin." It was kind of disturbing.

Riddy and I left for Sportmart, just to browse. It was kind of funny, since we were wearing our meeting clothes. We probably got asked 5 times if we worked there. I declared that we must go to stores on Sunday more often. I also suggested that we fold clothes, but Riddy wasn't too keen on that idea.

Dick wasn't at gospel meeting, since he had a fainting spell in the hot tub last night. I think they should have left that last part out.

I went home with Jonathan and Jennifer, but we first stopped at Circuit City to pick up a laptop. It made me want a laptop. Any willing contributors?

Now I'm back here. In my time in the dorms, I have successfully avoided starting my term paper, much to my dismay. I finished my awesome crane boquet for my special secret honey valentine. It's pretty awesome. I like the idea and I love the execution. Guys, take hint. Chicks dig men who can fold paper.

Now I must get ready for bed in hopes that I will read a little from the library books.


2 Responses to “Ah, the Day of Rest”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    You paint your life into quite the interesting and funny picture, Jeff!

  2. Blogger Jeff 

    That's because my life is quite the interesting and funny picture.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3