Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Climbing Again


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The title comes from the fact that it's been so long since I've climbed, that's all my body is telling me to think about.

I woke up too early and went to Chem discussion. It was really small, maybe 7 people there. People asked questions, Slava answered, and I made funny noises.

Racquetball was pretty normal. I need to get a court and just drill. I just need to work on my technique and placement. And I need a new glove. And balls.

I went back and did some laundry. Mmmm laundry.

For the rest of the day, I worried about my Spring schedule. My first pass was at 4, so until then, I was constantly checking the open course listings, watching the numbers of the classes I wanted drop slowly but surely. It got to the point where I would force myself to do work and use checking the ocl as a reward. I am pathetic.

But alas, it worked out. There's a cap at 13.5 units for pass 1, so I registered 13. I'm signed up for Creative Writing: Poetry, Physics 9A, and Bible and Film. I'll be waitlisting Calc pass 2, but since it had the most openings, I figured it would be the easiest to get into anyway.

I felt so good after getting my classes, I couldn't possibly do any work. So I didn't. I'm pathetic like that.

I just wasted away the rest of my Thursday. That reminds me, my schedule is going to be hectic next term. For no reason in particular, I'm going to be taking 20+ units. Monday I'll have 7 hours of class, at least. Five of those will be in a row. Tuesdays and Thursdays will be more relaxed, and I'll get out on Fridays at 11. It works, don't touch it.

I decided I needed to go rock climbing. So after writing Claire a note in quill pen, I went. But first I wanted to check my weight on the scale.

Gasp.

I couldn't believe the little arrows. Big one over to 100. Little one... 1, 2, 5, 10, 20... 22. One hundred twenty two pounds. Has the Freshman Fifteen finally caught up to me? Am I finally a reasonable weight? Can I finally give blood? Wow, a whole world awaits me. A world of acceptance, normality, and free cookies.

Rock climbing. Wow. I'm so out of it. No finger or forearm strength. I saw some old friends again. It was all in all good. Didn't get my old dyno though. My arms were shaking too much. I'm going to see if I can get some visitors to the wall over the weekend. I need to show the awesomeness.

Now I am back, heavy, and sore. I need to shower up for bed. And think about doing some math. Tomorrow.


0 Responses to “Climbing Again”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3