Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



It's Been a Long Day.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm tired and want to go to bed.

Bed rhymes with bread, which is what I baked this morning. I did my usual making the dough before class, then biked to racquetball. Riddy somehow got a bike, so I led the way, showing him how to use the bike path to his advantage.

Racquetball was really fun. I played one really good game against Aaron, a rather formidable opponent. When that was done, I was exhausted, so didn't really do a whole lot. I played a wimpy game agains Brad, then got tired and went home.

Luckily for me, it was raining. Pouring down rain. I was wet by the time I got home.

I threw my clothes into the dryer and did my other things, namely take a shower and work more on my bread. I threw the bread into the oven a little late, so I asked Riddy to take it out while I was at class.

Greek was fine, except I was exhausted. It was by then a thorough heavy rain, so several people didn't show up to class. Tom didn't, so I suspected he just got extremely depressed. He has been known not to go to Greek because he got a B on his English midterm.

After Greek, I went to Dr. Rundin's office hours to confirm the A he said he would give me in lecture. He admitted it was in jest and corrected himself, saying "You might get an A in the class." He seemed a little hurried until I mentioned that I was actually enrolled in the class and was also a Classics major. This news loosened him up a bit and we had a nice little chat. It turns out he knows English, Greek, Latin, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and at least a little bit of Hebrew and some other languages. That amazes me.

Since it was still pouring down, I went to Olson and read my Aggie. It still being miserable when that was done, I went to the MU and got a bagel since I was starving. There, I did some of my Greek homework as well.

At the correct time, I walked over to Hart where I sat for quite a long time waiting for our professor. She showed up a good 15 minutes late for no apparent reason, then went on to lecture incoherently for another 65. She has a tendency to go on long tangents unrelated to American Literature. This time, the main one was about some conference she went to in Birmingham, where they had some tribute to Katrina victims that was very moving. Tom actually showed up to class, and wrote on his paper, "Objection - Relevance?" to which I replied on mine, "Sustained."

Only having an hour and a half, I headed over to Shields Library and finished my Greek homework. I also read a bit in my Grammar book. Then Natalie Ridling called, having finished a tour of the campus. So I met her and answered her questions for a good 45 mintues before class. It was fun to see the high school eagerness in her eyes.

English discussion. This was for the tangential lecture class. I really like the TA. He has quite the history and is pretty cool. He seemed to stimulate discussion rather well, so I actually volunteered some information.

Afterwards, I got a message from Claire that was very garbled, so I assumed it was something about Film in the Ancient World, so I went to Wellman to see if I could find the class. I couldn't, so I went home.

My bread was enormous and delicious. I made a gangsta' sandwich with the leftover corned beef and cabbage. Basically, it was last night's meal, just cold and between huge slices of bread. Tasty.

Since then, I've done some reading and studying and have managed to get a headache. I'm going to head to bed.


0 Responses to “It's Been a Long Day.”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3