Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Yan Can Stay in the Same Hotel as Me


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Seriously, I'm pretty sure he can.

Today was interesting. I went racquetballing after a brief fueling period prior. I need to force myself to go there and drill. I have so much wasted potential. It feels gross and dirty. But it's still fun to play.

Greek was great. As usual. I seriously love that class. I encourage every person in the world to study the language. It's just that amazing.

When that was done, I went back to the room and got cozy. I had a little chat with Katie Kelly. It was good catching up with her, reminiscing about good times on Malcolm 5.

After not doing a whole lot, Riddy came in and declared that his car was broken, citing the fact that the alarm would go off every time he started the car. His solution? Stay home from class all day. It kind of hindered my plan for studying, but I did eventually get something done.

I finished off a few more psychology experiments, online surveys. The one I took a while ago sent me an email about going in for an MRI where the actually look at my brain. Totally exciting. I don't really have to do anything either.

In my excitement, I told Brandon about that, who then got excited because AJ did the same thing last year. He forced me to listen to what they put AJ through. Afterwards, this saddened me a bit, since they might have been depending on ignorance if it was the same study. So I sent an email to the guy telling him what I know.

Around 2, I needed to eat something, so I walked around downtown. I eventually decided on Starbucks, getting a tall iced tea lemonade and a muffin. It sufficed.

Dinnertime, Brandon, Riddy and myself went to Pluto's. I got a huge main salad with beef. It was delicious. I cleaned that plate.

Afterwards, I decided that I wanted to check out those pants at the Gap, declaring that I needed nicer than jeans. They still had them, so I got them. They're nice, I'm excited.

Back in the hotel room, I spent some time studying, reading, and doing homework. Like a good student. I try.

It was an interesting night. Random things happened in the hall, such as a putting contest and a whacking AJ with as many newspapers as you can contest. Interesting, I tell you.

When I was in the lounge studying, I saw an Asian man walking to the elevator that looked remarkably like Martin Yan. Now, I know that all Asians look alike, so this wasn't an extremely precise statement to make, but still. I remembered that he went to UC Davis. Then I remembered that he's giving a lecture tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it was him, but I didn't want to just go up to a random Asian guy and seem insensitive. Also, it was cooler to think that it was him than to discover he wasn't.

As for me, I'm going to bed.


2 Responses to “Yan Can Stay in the Same Hotel as Me”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    There is something strangly amusing about an asian guy talking trash about another asian guy saying "all asians look alike". haha. good times!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    jeff lee... "yan can cook" gave the graduation speech at my grad in '04 from ucd, i actually sat on the stage with him ... probabaly was him in your hotel - good stuff eh?

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3