Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



The Weekend


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Man, I'm sleepy.

So let's see. Saturday was a busy day. Not really though. For a Saturday, waking up at 7:30 is a bit ridiculous, even if you're going to a bike auction. Which Riddy and I did. The doors opened at 8 for viewing, so we got there around 8:30. I think we were in the 250s. I forget.

There were something over 400 bikes for sale. We walked down the lines checking them out. Riddy just wanted something cheap that would work, I wanted a road bike that would fit my frame, plus plenty of other specifications. I had a few options, but my main interest was a Schwinn Varsity. Baby blue and awesome. I might have fallen in love with it.

Well, the auction got underway at 9:10. It was packed. The highest number that won was 517, so there were probably more than that. The auctioneer was hilarious. He didn't seem to really care that it was a professional auction and that he was getting paid. He had to charge the batteries in his camera in the middle of an item. My favorite was when he answered his phone while shouting out numbers. He also made fun of people who bought bikes for parts. It was great. I would go back just for him. And for a beautiful racing bike.

Alas, Riddy got a bike for $15. It needs a seat and a tire, but should be ridable eventually. We decided to wait around for that Schwinn, even though I wasn't going to buy it. I just wanted to see how much it was going for. That beautiful bike went for $70, a little bit out of my budget for the auction. Sadly, we took Riddy's mangled bike and left TAPS.

We stopped by the Domes to see if they had any extra bike seats, but they were in a community meeting so I didn't want to bother them. Riddy was afraid he would catch a disease, so he stayed in the car. Silly boy.

Being the hungry men we are, we went to In-N-Out for lunch. Tired of starving myself, I ate two double doubles animal style, while Riddy had his 4x4 animal style. It took me a while to realize that I actually ate more than him.

Being lethargically full, we drove around Davis looking for garage sales with hopes they would have a vintage road bike. Apparently people in Davis know how to use bikes and value them higher than garage sale material. So sad.

After such a productive morning, there wasn't much left but to relax into complete lethargy. That lasted several hours until Kirstyn called me for directions. Kind of shaking me awake, I packed and got mentally prepared for the journey.

Well, she came here, I got my stuff, we left. Oddly, she has this thing where if there's a guy in the car, it's his responsibility to drive. So I did. It's not often someone not only lets, but demands that I drive his/her car.

We made it to Santa Rosa without any major hitches. Well, the city is big. We were supposed to meet Forrie, Damon, and Dustin at a sports pizza restaurant establishment, so we got directions from Damon through Forrie, I believe. The directions we were given were:
Exit Rohnert Park Expressway
Left on Industrial
Right on Commerce

And it would be on the left. Well, Commerce turns out to come right after the exit, so we turned left there. After a few miles, we turned around and went back. Maybe there was another Commerce, after we turned on Industrial. A few miles later, no luck. We called them when they finally corrected us that Commerce was before Industrial. So we went down that road, looking for Industrial. No luck. Miles later, we turned around, called them again. We were supposed to turn at the McDonald's. Turns out the McDonald's was on the corner of Enterprise, not Industrial. Turns out there's no Industrial at all. And worst of all, the entire dinner party was an elaborate plan for the three of them to watch their sports and not feel too bad about it. They were there for hours and had only gotten breadsticks and soda. I feel ashamed to know them.

A bit later, we finally left for the Tank. Their place is not too shabby, if you ignore the parts that are still "works in progress." There were quite a few people I met, but most were the standbys. There ended up being a lot of sitting around talking right where I wanted to be sleeping, so I finally got to bed around 12:30.

I slept all right, but I was in the living room, so any action woke me up. Not bad though, since I would have gotten up earlier by myself.

We all showered and dressed, then went to get smoothies for breakfast. I got some soy something. It wasn't bad, just immense.

We arrived at meeting early, so I stood in the back until I wanted to sit down. I sat next to the Veldkamps, mainly because I'm related to them so they're obligated to let me.

Morning meeting went well. Nothing went majorly wrong.

Interestingly, the meeting is right behind a supermarket and plaza, so most people just walked somewhere to buy lunch. We went to Subway. After sharing a footlong ham sub with Kirstyn, Courtney asked if I would like an extra sandwich they had. Not being one to reject free food, I accepted. It turns out this "sandwich" was a baguette with brie and tomatoes in it, also absolutely delicious. Then Courtney came over with tea, pumpkin bread, and chips. I asked if she was trying to fatten me up. No, she's just trying to repay my family for the dinners she had at our house. Luckily, I'm the closest one to reap the benefits. Probably the most needy too.

Well, having finished two complete meals, I was ready for a nap. The second meeting seemed longer than the first.

After meeting was a barbecue at the Tank. The food and company was delicious. It was nice to relax. Especially before another road trip.

It's acutally not that far from Santa Rosa to Davis. Much less far than you would think. But still, I'm back here and not asleep.

I'm going to go then.


2 Responses to “The Weekend”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    only you can make such a fabulous weekend sound like a movie more boring than a Ben Affleck film. Sheeeeeesh! =)

  2. Blogger Jeff 

    Look at how much I ate! It was definitely exciting.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3