Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



The Ghost in the Machine


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've decided I really like that phrase.

Today was actually a pretty productive day. I slept in, getting up at 11. Breakfast was long over by then, so I adjusted to the fact that it would be a while before I ate. Around noon, I decided I should get out, maybe eventually finding food.

My actual intention was to get my laptop fixed, so I lugged that around. It turns out IT express doesn't open until 1, so I went to the bookstore first. My Greek textbook has yet to arrive, so I bought an extra copy with the intent to return it later. I also saw that someone sold back a copy of Amy's Chem book, so I bought that for her since when we went before they only had new ones.

In my extra time, I tried to check the internet for when things open, but my wireless wasn't working. Another thing for them to fix.

With about 45 minutes until they opened, I sat in Shield's Library and did my Greek homework. When that was done, I read the paper again, and when that was done I sat. I sit a lot. Sit and think.

When they finally opened, I ran in there and got the guy working on my computer. Wireless was easy, but getting Symantec off the computer then back on was a little more difficult. It looked like somebody tried to unistall it but something happened in the middle, so it wouldn't let you finish uninstalling or reinstalling it. That meant we, by which I mean he, had to find several hundred files, keys, and whatnot and deleting them manually. It took a while, but it didn't really matter. I mean, who spends the first Saturday afternoon of the year at the library?

Biking back, I heard the Band-uh playing. I dropped off my stuff then ventured out to lunch in that general area. It turns out they were going through their entire set but were on lunch break. I forced Judy to get me some pizza, so she got me one slice with the agreement that I would go get my trumpet and play with them. I would do anything for food.

It was fun playing in an ensemble again, but not fun enough that I would join. That group is crazy. It's been a while since I so effectively screwed up my chops like that too.

After that, I rejoiced in my computer glory days and wasted time. At 6 or so, I started walking around to find dinner. I eventually set my sights on Pluto's since they changed their sandwich of the week. It was good. Then I got some boxers at Gap. While it wasn't completely necessary that I buy them, I came close to buying two other pairs of pants, so I had to reward myself.

At 7, I was looking nice and on my way to the Mondavi Center. It was a whim. The lecturer was Steven Pinker, a super professor at Harvard and best selling author. His lecture was about the modern denial of human nature. He brought up some amazing points that I have completely forgotten as of now. I think I need to read his book. But he really was a good speaker. He kept everyone entertained. And speaking of everyone, the place was full. Jackson Hall, the huge main theatre, was pretty well packed for a guy lecturing. Granted, there were probably only 5 UC Davis students there (all sitting in the cheap seats by me), but still. Speaking of students, the one directly to my left lived in Malcolm 2 last year and I knew him rather well. What are the odds of that? A thousand seats and we end up sitting right next to each other. Crazy.

Well, it was weird biking to such an event, so I had to go home and do other stuff. That stuff led me to where I am right now, which is wanting to go to bed. Make that actually going to bed.


0 Responses to “The Ghost in the Machine”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3