Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Settling In


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have missed biking, but my body hasn't.

Getting up at 9, Riddy and I assumed we would have plenty of time for getting ready. As it turns out, 9 is actually more like 9:20, letting us get to breakfast at 9:30, then meeting at 10:32. Meaning we were late, but not by much.

It was great being back in the Woodland meeting. Apparently everybody missed me too, or maybe I'm just making that up. Amy and her parents were here, so it was fun seeing them.

After meeting, Riddy wanted to watch the game, so we went to the Grad. Unfortunately, the entire freshman population was there too, along with the parents to pay. So we went elsewhere. Our backup plan, as always, was In-N-Out. We came back to the hotel and ate while watching the game.

Being the amazing person I am, I called Nordstrom to see what's up. The manager was leaving at 5, so I had to stop by sometime before gospel meeting. Richard gave me the directions, then I went on my merry way, first stopping for gas. Unfortunately, the pump decided not to pump, so it took me way longer and $0.45 more than normal. Also, when I finally got to Arden Fair, I could not find Nordstrom. I circled the mall completely before I found it. Bah. It will save me time next time, I guess.

After talking to Vanessa for a while, she gave me the run down of her department. It's a lot more logically set up than Santa Barbara. I learned where everything is, how things are done. It's a bigger and much nicer floor too. However, when we started talking about scheduling, she misunderstood my explanation. When I told her that I have classes Tuesday and Thursday in the morning, she thought that meant I needed them off. To me, that meant I could work in the afternoon. Little did she know, I have 6 hours or so of classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. So that upset her a little. It seems like I might not actually get the job. Which could work out nicely. I could have more time to do other things, such as IM sports, building bikes, and all around playing. Oh, maybe studying too. We'll see.

The plan for gospel meeting was simple. I would go straight from there and Riddy would go straight from Davis. I left pretty early, so I got to the mortuary pretty early. Since my bible and such were in Riddy's car, I was just going to get them from him when he came in. So I sat down next to Kirstyn and used her bible bag to save Richard a seat. Two old ladies thought it would be nice to sit there, so the whole bench moved over. Then Darren came over and wanted to sit next to me, so I kindly pointed out it was reserved. Then the two old ladies wanted him to sit next to them, so he sat in Riddy's place, effectively making me lose access to my bible, hymn book, and notebook. So I shared with Kirstyn and wrote notes on the back of a Death Manual. Oh, it was interesting.

After meeting, Dale Schultz thought I was a Cruz. I have nothing more to say here.

Riddy, Kirstyn and I went to dinner at Applebee's, Kirstyn's choice. It wasn't bad, but still, there are better options. Then there was a long Harry Potter conversation in front of the cars.

Back in Davis, I settled myself down, doing random stuff while Riddy, Joe, and AJ played Halo. I called Amy to check up on her, and she effectively managed to not have any idea what she was doing. I registered her computer through my laptop, but she forgot to bring a CAT5 cable, so she couldn't do anything. It was nearing 9, so I asked if she just wanted me to come over. So I did.

It's not that bad a bike ride. Ten minutes, maybe. Probably more if it's during the day and there are cars, but not bad at night. A little dark and creepy maybe.

Amy's place is nice. The one downside is that it is in Tercero, so it smells like cow. I finally understand what people are talking about. The entire last year was fragrance free for me, but Amy get s the nice ripe smells.

I brought my CAT5 cable so we could test things. They worked fine. I got her all set up and dandy, but ended up staying there a few hours. Things are fine. She's a nice girl.

The bike ride back was a little creepier, but oh well. Right, Riddy gave me a call while I was gone, informing me that his uncle or somebody died, so he had to go to Placerville. Funeral, I assumed, but no. Taking care of the dog. What a Riddy job. So when we were talking, I asked if he had any extra cables (Amy also forgot her USB printer cable). He'll try and snag some.

So I'm back now. A little tired. I need to get used to my bike again. Then finish building my new one so I can get used to that one too. Man, I'm awesome.


0 Responses to “Settling In”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3