Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



The Project


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's great to be back in Davis. I really have missed this place.

This morning was full of hopes and dreams. It was not full of me, since I was in a King sized bed. Those things are huge. I am not.

First breakfast in the hotel. It was kind of creepy. Pretty much like the DC, except with a smaller selection. The parents were with me, but weren't guests at this hotel, so they just watched me eat. That multiplied the creepiness. I pretended to be full from not a lot of food, then we went on with our day activities.

They pretty much consisted of moving stuff into storage, then getting my bike from the Greenway's. Storage was windy. It's also far away in Woodland, so it's seriously for storing things. No joke, I couldn't really live there. I got a 10 by 10 unit, more than enough for my bed and a few boxes. I also think the guy working there was completely bored out of his mind.

The Greenway's was great. I just broke into their house, stole everything, then picked up my bike. Fortunately, their side gate doesn't really close, so it was an easy theft. Over the Summer, my tires decided that air was not supposed to be in them, so I had my parents drop me off at school so I could pump them up. After the drop off, they went to who know's where.

Riding on flat tires is not a very fun experience. Pumping up flat tires is better, but not by much. Forgetting that my bike skills have been inactive and nearly crashing into things slightly tops that, but again, not by much.

All day, Doug and I have been playing phone tag, first to try and get together for him to find a bike, then later because we just kept on getting sidetracked and forgot to call each other back. In the meantime, I grabbed lunch at Pita Pit, then biked all over campus. I called Negin to see what she was up to, then visited her over in Ryerson 5. As an RA, she had to take responsibility over the bushy tailed freshmen, so I went elsewhere.

Doug was still busy, so I went to the Bike Church by myself. I ended up staying there about 7 hours, helping resurrect the establishment. Erecting the dome, moving the tools around, setting up shop. Also, I've started building my own bike. I have no idea what I'm doing, but they're there to help. So that's my big project for the year. It will probably only take a couple of weeks, but hey, I'm working on it. It will be a beautiful road bike. I'm already in love with it.

After spending too much of my time there, I started biking back to the hotel, stopping at Chipotle for dinner. As I was walking out, I saw Adam, so I stopped to chat with him until my burrito was cold. I've seen a surprising amount of people I know. Kind of creepy.

Back at the hotel, I learn that Joe and AJ have moved in. Craziness ensues.

I just did a bunch of hotel stuff, then AJ decided to move into the single. So I had to get an extra key from the front desk. Basically, the people who work here are retarded and if we have any problems, we have to fix them ourselves. Only Riddy could get access to another key, so after three tries, we finally got it. And now I'm sharing a room with Riddy.

That was pretty much my day. I'm really dirty from doing bike stuff all day, so I need to go shower. We'll see how tomorrow turns out.


0 Responses to “The Project”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3