Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



The Tweenie Time


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



We're all moved in, but school hasn't started yet. So it's still like Summer, but not quite as free. It's the tweenie time.

I awoke today at 9:45, ready to get some breakfast. It then occurred to me that there might be some sort of organized schedule for breakfast, so I checked the book. Sure enough, it closes at 9:30 on weekdays. So I sat and contemplated this for a while, then eventually decided to read a book.

After coaxing myself out of a state of lethargy, I went to Da Vinci to sign the lease. In case I really felt like signing, they gave me a whole bunch of other papers to sign. My name is really pretty. I saw it a lot. Sandy then showed me the floorplan and how it changed. Then I walked over and say the scaffolding and how it really is not ready to have people living in it.

A quick bike ride to F street found me at Wells Fargo, where I met with a very friendly teller about cashing my first $70 check. Not bad. Immediately following this, I went to Chipotle, then Watermelon Music. There, a very friendly, clueless old man saw me looking at trumpets and asked if I wanted to try one out. I agreed, then he proceeded to hand me a french horn mouthpiece. When I decided they had no extra trumpet mouthpieces, I told him I'd be back later with my own trumpet.

I lolled around the hotel room for an hour or so, then went back with my trumpet. The trumpet I tried out was a beautiful Leblanc Arturo Sandoval trumpet. The tone is amazingly dark and the horn feels great. Fortunately, I have enough sense to not buy a trumpet right now. But I did look around and found a good Simon and Garfunkel music book for 30% off. Now I just need a piano.

Following this was a bunch of melted college students. So I went to the bookstore to help Amy get the rest of her books. We wrote down the ISBNs, then went back to her room to search them. We got one, but the other was a packet, so it's likely it's only available at the bookstore. From there, she needed to eat dinner, so we biked to Segundo. I left her at the DC, then went to Ryerson to visit Negin again. She wasn't in her room, so I was really cool to some of her residents. Just as I was leaving the building, she came up. So I helped her buy her books. Such a sweetie.

During all of this, the weather decided to get angry. Riding to Segundo, I was getting drizzled on and it was thundering and lightninging. Oh, Davis.

So with that coloring the background, we were lazy. Riddy, AJ and I went to Pluto's for dinner. There, I saw several people I knew, including Tara, a girl who worked at the DC last year. Almost awkwardly, she gave me a hug and we chatted about life. But it was delicious. The food, I mean. You know what I'm talking about.

After all that, I settled down for an hour or so. Then I hear a commotion in the hallway and decide to check it out. Riddy comes in with what seems like groceries: a gallon of milk, some frozen something, and some orange juice. As it turns out, the gallon was for chugging. So I had to witness that.

Joe, AJ, and their friend Jeff found that if they submitted a video to some site and it got posted, they would get $300. Abusing my friend and roommate's willingness to consume, they decided to tape him drinking and undrinking a gallon of milk. It took him 6 minutes, and it was disgusting. Great footage of not great stuff. We'll see if they make it.

As for now, I have a night to worry if my roommate will die or get very messy. Oh just talk and moan. He does that too.


2 Responses to “The Tweenie Time”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Riddy can chug a gallon of milk in SIX minutes?!??! Thats amazing. I MUST come visit and see this!

  2. Blogger Jeff 

    Oh don't worry... there is still the video footage.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3