Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Picnic Day


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So today was the famous Picnic Day. It was fun.

Being a lazy college student, I didn't get up and at 'em until 10. I got dressed, etc. I even filled up my Camelbak.

So I go out and see what's going on. The entire campus is filled with booths and people. Everywhere you turn, there's more. I saw some people I knew, but mainly just walked around.

At noon, I was getting pretty tired, so I went to Freeborn Hall and waited for Jill's Taiko drum performance. I sat through two little kid dance groups, then they set up for a brass ensemble. Seeing this, I moved to the front row.

They were pretty good. Ten members, 4 trumpets, 1 french horn, 3 trombones, 1 euphonium, and 1 tuba. Their lead trumpet was too bright for the rest of the ensemble, and you couldn't hear third or fourth. But they were still good.

The drumming was pretty cool. Very intense. I felt tired and sweaty after that. Also, Jackie, Lisi, Robin, and Camille were sitting right behind me.

After that, we went and found Jill, her family, and boyfriend. We explored some more, then went to watch the Battle of the Bands.

Unlike most "Battle of the Bands," this one had nothing to do with garage bands. Solely pep bands. In competition were the bands of UC Irvine, Cal, UCSD, UC Davis, Stanford, and Humboldt. Very exciting. Also exciting was the fact that I saw Guy Danus playing piccolo with UCSD. I had to say hello. So I did.

Then we got some more greasy food. It was all good. We found Jill's family, then went back to the dorms.

I was in my room for an hour and a half, two hours. Miserable. My hard drive decided not to be recognized. Now it is though. Weird. I spent half an hour on the phone with Dell tech support. It made me angry. Then I backed up everything onto my trusty mp3 player. Then I got a call from Jill that they were all going to Freeborn to watch the Davis Dance Revolution.

It was 7 club groups competing for a $1000 prize. Robin was in it, doing the Napoleon Dynamite dance with her group. They were all pretty good though. I didn't like the best groups, since they were all hip hop music and such. There was a really cool swing dance group. And a Hawaiian hula group.

That was fun. I was feeling much better out of my room. We went back. Blah blah blah. I hung out in Alicia's room. We watched Spy Kids 2, the worst movie ever. But we couldn't stop watching it.

Now I'm here. Completely drained.


0 Responses to “Picnic Day”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3