Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Concert Concert


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Today has been a lazy day.

I was rudely awoken this morning to the sound of bickering females right outside my door. Then they knocked on it. Great. So I got up. It turns out they wanted to borrow a movie. Sure, fine, whatever. They still have yet to return it. Normally I don't care, but I'm still bitter about the sleep thing. You just don't wake someone up. They were talking and cackling very loudly.

Well, I got up, had my tea. Once I was ready for the day, I went to lunch with Doug. How nice. It was.

I basically sat around and did nothing the whole day. I read some more from my collection of Harry Harrison's short stories. That was nice. I like it when I can get some reading in.

Time passed quickly and slowly at the same time. I ate dinner.

I was playing the piano when the phone rang. It was Darren, asking if I wanted to go to the Andre Watts concert that we talked about a while ago. Since I did, I said yes, then went and bought my ticket online, trying to sit near them.

Well, they picked me up around 7:30, we got to the Mondavi Center. It's amazing. I really must go there more often. It turns out our tickets were in completely different sections, they being in the Orchestra Tier and me being in the Grand Tier. So we went our ways and arranged a meeting at intermission.

My seat was amazing. It was as close as you could be to the heart of the concert hall. I was on the first mezzanine, right in the center. I wasn't extremely far back from the stage, but I was front row. It turns out I was directly on top of the Greenways.

As far as the concert went, it was amazing. The first few songs were a little slow, but things picked up pace. I really enjoyed the Schubert pieces, but my favorite were the Ligeti pieces. It was amazing. He played 5 parts from this piece, each variations on a very simple idea. The first involved only octaves of one note, but was still very cool. I like him.

After that, I went home. Now I am here. And bored once again. But this time I'm bored with $23.50 less to my name.


0 Responses to “Concert Concert”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3