Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



A Usual Saturday


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



One of my biggest concerns about this version of Linux is that it doesn't recognize when I close the lid. So it's still running completely when I'm gone. In due time, my friend. In due time.

I woke up at 9 and got out of bed. I decided early on in the week that I would bake a batch of muffins on Saturday. So I got up and baked a batch of muffins. They were good, but I had a dozen and couldn't handle them all. I put three on a Kleenex by Tony's bed for when he woke, then went door to door, lightly knocking to see if anybody wanted any. Of the 50 kids that live here, one responded. It wasn't even as far as getting out of bed, but a loud groan, so I opened the door. Chad was very happy to accept still-warm muffins.

I went back into my room and played with my computer until the afternoon.

Around 3, I decided to get out and do something, so I went to the rock wall. I had some fun times with the climbing attendant, who reminds me a little bit of Marshall. Maybe it's just the rock climbing idea.

Anyway, after chunks of flesh were so peacefully ripped from my body, I went back and performed my after-climbing ritual of soaking and soaping my hands in hot water. It's a painful, yet soothing process.

I did a bunch of stuff. Nothing important though.

I was intending to go to the basketball game, but Riddy had to eat dinner with his parents and Brandon didn't want to go to it because it's a girls' game. That last part didn't quite make sense to me, since Brandon never seemed to be the sexist type. Oh well, you learn all sorts of things from sports.

Editor's note: Brandon - if you're reading this, I know what you meant. Spare your time arguing... I don't really thing you're sexist. But I do know that your immediate reaction would be to set me straight.

So I ate dinner by myself. It wasn't bad, but not great either. Hey, that sounds like the DC.

Afterwards, Jared came into my room wanting to borrow clothes. Now, this isn't the first time he's done this. If you can imagine, and I'm sure you can, I am very protective about my clothes, especially my dress clothes. And at no point did I ever offer anyone to borrow my clothes (except for gay guys and ties... I can trust them for some reason), so I was taken aback when he came and asked for a shirt. Then after the shirt, a tie. After the tie, some pants. And shoes. To which I informed him of the locations of nearby clothing stores.

After a bit of haggling, trying my best not to express my true feelings ([slap] Get out of my room! [shove] [spit] [slam] [lock]), I managed to get him down to just a shirt. The shoes were naturally too small. The tie wasn't necessary for "semi-formal." And the pants were needed by me. But what color shirt? He took way too long deciding. Trying to be helpful (speed up the process), I would offer suggestions as to what else he was wearing. Finally, he decided on the blue shirt, so I went back to my computer. To which he came over and started playing with the things on my desk. At this point, I was more than annoyed. And he knew this too, since he acted with extreme gratitude, as if I rescued his child. With a bit of eye rollage, waving of the hand, and saying, "leave," he was gone.

Later on, he was in Doug's room trying on pants and such and came up to me.

"Jeff, I'm going to be completely honest with you," he exclaimed in a very serious voice as he put his hand upon my shoulder. "I really need your pants."

No. Get your hand off of me and go drink from a toilet bowl.


"I'm sorry, but I need them tomorrow, since it's my only clean pair of pants."

So he settled for Doug's pants, which I believe were too big for Doug, much less Jared.

Later on, I was checking to see what else he was wearing with my shirt. Iron Chef America happened to be on, so I sat down and watched that. Among other discussions, Jared left for some reason, never to return again.

So I sat there for over an hour, since I didn't want to leave his room unattended. Finally, after I was there way too long, I walked out and asked where he was. I found him in David's room playing video games. There I asked him if he still needed my blue shirt, to which he replied, "You mean Doug's blue shirt?" No. My blue shirt. So I went back to his room and got it out of his closet.

I'm pretty sure his borrowing-clothes privileges are no longer.

It turns out the reason for this dressing up is the Semi-Formal for the residents of Campus Housing. So everyone who's anyone was getting ready. In my opnion, they were ignoring the "semi" in semi-formal. The girls were dressed in outfits suitable for Prom. It was ridiculous.

I practiced my trumpet in the lounge. It was fun.

By the time I was showering, the building may have well been evacuated. Anybody that wasn't going to the dance was extremely introverted, so the floor was deserted.

And now I will go to bed.

Odd, in looking back at this post, I realize that Jared is one of my better friends.


0 Responses to “A Usual Saturday”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3