Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Spite


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yesterday, I suffered a stern reprimand for not keeping up on my blogging. So out of spite, I wrote nothing last night. Actually, I just forgot.

My life is pretty interesting, but I don't think it's worth putting it in words. I'm going to claim it's just one of those things you need to experience. So turn off your computer and come visit me. Human interaction can be so rewarding. This is one of the things I've learned in my month without internet. Another is that you don't get up to the minute weather updates. Also, it's a lot easier to not spend money.

Today was a very normal day. It's been getting hotter, to the point where if I wear pants inside, I start feeling gross, as if I've been sweating a lot but it's all dried up. But it's still that point in Winter where I feel naked and uncomfortable wearing shorts. Oh, the dilema.

I felt so accomplished by not doing any homework over the weekend. I got to Classics this morning with my clean copy of the Iliad, opening it only to learn what the professor was talking about. Afterwards, I went downstairs to make up sentences for the Greek homework, due an hour after that.

There's an interesting phenomenon with my Greek class. It's very much a big family. Everybody tends to look out for everybody else and feel comfortable with them. After class, it's not surprising to see 5-10 people just sitting around talking for a good 20 minutes. It's gotten to the point where you feel late if you're not in class 20 minutes before class. There are usually a good 7 people sitting in the hallway waiting for the classroom to open. But we all think that's normal. It's also kind of creepy how much we know about everyone else. I can tell you rather surprising things about most everybody in our Greek class, yet can barely tell you the names of a handful of people in any of my other classes. Oh, how I love Greek.

So afterwards, Ian, Allison, Nick, and I stood by our bikes talking about how cool we all are, then I went home.

My lunch consisted of the second half of my BLT from yesterday, then probably random bits of food. I really can't remember.

It's strange having the internet. I waste so much time on here now. I really need to ration off my time. Staring mindlessly at a screen can be my reward for getting tangible work done. It's too bad I don't consider reading tangible work, since I'm way behind in that.

After fixing (heh, aorist participle) the network, I went to Safeway and Officemax to pick up some soy milk and super glue, respectively. I was bored. However, I did manage to have my sketchy moment of the day in the parking lot. It went as follows:

As I was getting into my car, a red SUV pulls up behind me and shouts out rather quickly, "Do you want some speakers?" Confused, I asked what he was talking about. Eventually, he pulls over and explains the situation. They got a shipment in, twice as many as they ordered, if he went back to work, their boss would just take them all. Since apparently these speakers were worth $4,000, he thought he could make some money and help out some stranger. At least, this is the story he claimed.

Now, the speakers in question were either a set of surround sound with satellites, or tall ones, a left and a right. If you know me at all, I am known for deliberating incessantly over large purchases. I'm not going to make a large purchase such as this on a whim. Unfortunately for them, they seemed pressed for time, so they tried to rush through everything. Not working for me. I insisted they show me proof that they're worth the value they labeled and could open the boxes and prove they were the same speakers. Also, they wanted me to name the price. Being me, I opened my wallet and offered them the cash inside. Thirty dollars. Hey, I'm not in need of any speakers. Apparently it wasn't good enough. The haggling got down to $100, which was the price I labeled for speakers even if I did need them. He gets discouraged and goes back in the car, but his partner jumps out and starts putting the towers in my arms, saying that $100 for a left and $100 for a right is the best they're going to do for the time. I went on to explain that I meant $100 total, which was not enough for him, so they went on their merry way, and I went to get some glue. Oooh, sweaty palms. I don't like rushed big decisions.

Back at the place, I discussed the options with Brandon and Joe, both of whom thought it was extremely shady. Interestingly enough, Brandon had the same thing happen to him in Chico, with nearly the same story. That's some shady business there.

Oh well; I don't need speakers.

I did some homework. Crazy.

For dinner, we went to Redrum. Honestly, cooking at home is not a default for my roommates. This really bothers me. I think they hate cooking or something. I would, if only I knew how and if they would help pay for it. It gets really annoying. I really want to cook something, but every time it's time to eat, they offer up suggestions for eating out. It's getting old. Even older than pasta.

Blah blah blah. Those two 1/4 lb burgers never settle perfectly in my stomach. I need to get going to bed before I fall asleep right here. I hope I play better tomorrow than I did on Thursday. That was miserable.

Happy Valentine's Day, Kirstyn. Oh, and anniversary today. Apparently I'm supposed to remember and tell her of this every month. Are we going to keep on doing this forever? Because you do that for babies for a little bit, then it just gets old. No respectable person celebrates his hundred something month birthday. Where are we drawing the line? Just curious.


0 Responses to “Spite”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3