Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



Some Stuff


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've been wanting to update this for the past few days now, but every time I think about it, I'd rather go to bed. So I do that instead.

One of the things I've been doing lately is planning the rest of my career here. I deeply regret not loving Classics my Freshman year, since it's totally screwing up my plans now. Oh well.

On Monday, I saw an academic advisor and met with him for over an hour. I also upgraded to Firefox 2.0, which is telling me that "advisor" is spelled wrong. But that's a different story.

Basically, the verdict was this: I am taking too many classes. Not so many that the university hates me, but too many for a sane human. In the next 5 quarters, I will be taking at least 21 units a quarter, probably more around 25. The reason I went in to talk to him was my fear of a unit overload. At 230 units, the university puts a hold on your records and starts yelling at you. We did the math and it looks like I'll be graduating with 259.5 units. He gave me three options.
  1. Take 35 units my last quarter. As long as you have 224.5 units the quarter before you graduate, you can take as many as you want that last quarter.
  2. Do Summer School the quarter after I graduate. The only problem is that my courses are so specific, I doubt any would be offered in the summer.
  3. Finish in four years (twelve quarters) and sign a petition.
Option 3 seems to be my best bet. Apparently I can take as many classes as I want as long as I graduate in 12 quarters. Just what I needed to hear.

On that line of thought, I figured out the classes I want to take for next quarter. I looked at the list and discovered that I have 29 units. I think I'll be auditing at least one of the classes, if not two. I also think I'm insane.

Other news. Last night we had moose tacos. I made a ridiculously delicious salsa. Seriously, it was amazing. That might have been due to the juice of a whole lime, but I don't think so. It was seriously amazing.

I've been hanging out with Claire a bit lately. I've discovered I am much more productive around her. I think it's because she always studies, so I feel obligated to do the same. It's not like I would be studying if she weren't there, so it provides great incentive to make use of my college tuition. Which, by the way, is what I usually do. I get good grades... now that I'm and English and Classics major.

Monday night, Brandon and I watched The Man in the Iron Mask. I ended up going to bed at 2, which is at least two hours later than I normally do. I have the strange tendency to get a freakishly healthy amount of sleep. On a weeknight, eight hours of sleep is a small amount for me. And yet I'm always tired. Strange how that works.

I'm scheduled to take the Upper Division Writing Exam on Saturday with Brandon. It's one of those mandatory university requirements, so I figure I should get it out of the way now. And also Brandon is going, so it will be on the buddy system. We can give each other the answers. You know, to the one essay prompt.

It was extremely windy today. Everyone was angry at the wind. The past few weeks, the weather has been perfect. Incredible, actually. Then today, it just ruins everything. Harsh wind making me out of breath and cold by the time I get to school. You have to ride with your hands on the handlebars, otherwise you get thrown off. I choose to wear sunglasses or goggles since leaves like to fly in your eyes. It is not fun. I hope it calms down and gets cold already. I can handle the cold.

My lips have been very chapped lately. Not just the lips, but my hands and ankles too. It's just as a trumpet player, I notice the lips first. I have a crack on the bottom corner of my lip and it bugs me a lot. I am constantly trying to do something about it. It makes me sad.

I'm supposed to go to a Halloween party on Friday for the CSA. I don't really have anything to wear except for the Ares costume from Picnic Day. I suppose I'll just wear that, although I do wish I had something a little more creative. I was talking to Rasmi the other day, when she commented that she was either going to be a Ionic or Corinthian column. Ah, classicists.

Well, I think I'm done for now. I can't think of anything else urgent to say.


0 Responses to “Some Stuff”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3