Okay, maybe I'll talk to you.



The First Monday


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So today has been my first Monday of the term. It's not that bad. It leaves me hungry though.

Woke up, readied myself. Math at 9. Kouba isn't that bad. The chalkboard lights were out of order, so we all had to squint. It wasn't terrible though.

Home. Nibble, stuff. Got ready for a wild ride.

Physics. We worked on simple stuff, but good explanations of it. Showing the calculus behind ordinary things. Understanding motion.

Creative Writing: Poetry. Now this was a little funny.

So I got there early, because I forgot we have 20 minutes instead of 10. I walk in the room and there's one other student in there with me. I put my stuff down then go to the bathroom. By the time I get back, there are more people. Soon, a commanding presence entered the room. He sits down at the front desk and starts unpacking his stuff.

Now, from registering, I knew our teacher's name was Megan Kaminski. I figured there was either some last minute change or I was being too close minded about "Megan" being a female only name. So that was that.

Maybe 5 minutes later, he decides to start early since most people were there. He asks if anyone couldn't get the syllabus online, then offers copies. Everyone raises a hand. He obviously wasn't expecting that, so reminds us that it was attached in the email he sent. The email none of us received. So he figured there must have been a problem with the listserve. Finally, someone had the courage to ask, "Is this English 5P?"

A shocked look came upon his face. Then a smile. "Ah," he said. Looking at his syllabus, he read, "Olson 157." We were in 159. He bid us a nice, humorous farewell.

Finally, the read Megan Kaminski came in. She's a skinny, perky poet. This class will be fun. It will take me a while to get used to the in depth readings of poems and the hippie state of mind, but that's what college is all about. Liberalizing.

When those two hours had passed, I was starving, so I grabbed a cup of coffee from the stand outside. Then I went back inside and upstairs for Bible and Film.

That class will actually be a lot more fun than I was expecting. It's an upper division class, so it's more personal, I guess. We got situated, he explained a few things, then we watched a movie on the history of religious films. It was interesting and posed a lot of good questions that we'll talk about throughout the course. Should be fun.

I went back to my room and nibbled some more. I didn't get a whole lot done. I then went to my Physics discussion.

Ryan Snow is our TA. He could definitely be a relative of Shane Swenson. I think he has the exact glasses Shane had when he came to California. He wears (probably free) t-shirts and jeans. Caucasian and extremely smart. He likes Physics.

Anyway, he posed a few problems, we broke into groups and tried to solve them. End of class.

I went to dinner. Unfortunately, after not eating all day, I wasn't that hungry. I couldn't eat a whole lot. And now I'm feeling those hunger pains again.

I played the piano, practiced my trumpet. Now I think I'm going to do my poetry reading.


0 Responses to “The First Monday”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3